Too hot to walk ! General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by My bear Yoji, Jun 27, 2018.

1. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa

Too hot to walk !

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I cannot see the attachment but yes, if you put the back of your hand on the pavement/sidewalk and you cannot keep it down for five seconds, it is too hot to take a dog out for a walk.

I do not remember where I saw it mentioned but if the pavement is too hot, can you imaging what it must be like for a dog, or Heaven Forfend, a child left in a car in the heat?

This was in the MailOnline today:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5891053/Police-called-dog-locked-sweltering-hot-car.html

The SECOND day running that someone had left a dog [yesterday it was two dogs] in a car.

I live in a hot Country and believe me it is diabolically hot, and nearly every week there is news about a CHILD dying in a car because it had been left.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Well it was a bit better today as we had a lovely sea breeze, and Heiko hasn’t been puffing and panting all day, been taking him out around 6.30 in morning and late at night, luckily we have a grass verge we can walk along which is quite shady,as I have to be careful with his eye condition that he keeps out of the sun.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Latest count is that four dogs have had to be rescued by the police in just two days.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5891053/Police-called-dog-locked-sweltering-hot-car.html

This is why that I am glad that Tikva will not go out for walks. She goes out in the yard and whereas she is normally out most of the day she will not stay out for long at the moment, and the temperature here is a heck of a lot hotter than it is in England. Just going 50m across the road to the macolet on Xanadu has me wringing wet, and people leave their dogs [and children] shut in cars?