Utonagan Discussions

Discussion in 'Utonagan' started by Discussion Thread, May 15, 2004.

1. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    How very dare you make me work out a puzzle at this time of night or should I say morning.:101: And yep you are correct.;-)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Does anyone on here know the BMS for the Ute? Do the clubs currently adhere to its 'recommendation'?
  4. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    So which one`s the one from the Rescue Kennels? Did she breed him? How odd.
    Wasnt Hal the hybrid wolf that she pretended wasn`t in case DEFRA pounced ? Do you know, I could have sworn she said he only had one litter. :?
    Cor - this is more difficult to keep up with than East Enders. I may need to start keeping notes. :shock:
  5. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    I have NEVER said he only had one litter. He sired TWO litters, as I have said many, many times. In addition, I have mentioned Woody over the years many many times too. Woody was from Hal's first litter, and we had pick of the litter as a stud fee. We kept Woody with Hal for a year or two, but sadly when my daughter fell sick with Crohns, she ended up at Addenbrookes in Cambridge, and I had to live over there whilst she was in hospital. Mike found two large dogs too much on top of everything else, and so he was adopted by a very good farmer friend of our's, where he still lives to this day.

Doubtless I will be criticised for this too ... whatever next, tut tut, putting her daughter first ... but I am retiring from this thread now you will all be delighted to hear, so you can bitch and say whatever nasty things you like about me, my dogs and probably my daughter too safe in the knowledge that I will no longer be contributing.
  6. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I have no problem with this.

I can hand on heart say I have never heard you mention Woody.
    Otherwise I would not have phrased the question as I did.

I do think you were irresponsible breeding from Hal, after what you have said about him, but whats done is done.
  7. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    tbf i think the only thing you did wrong Gnasher is tell people hal was a wolfcross without 100% knowing what he was...(even u guess at that) and hipscoring AFTER breeding.
  8. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Gnasher, I for one will be sorry to see you go off this thread. Not about the personal questions you have been asked, but about your contributions ref the Utonagan questions eg Collie input.
  9. ClaireandDaisy

Name:
    Claire
    On the other hand, we might find out something about the topic.
    I saw an enormous dog that looked like a light-coated, rangy husky at a show last week. It looked like the pics of the breed. I couldn`t help wondering what the aim of the breed is? Is it trainable as the GSD? Or does it have the temperament of the sled-dog?
  10. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Came across this video. I assume it is ok to pop it on here, if not mods please remove:
    rtsp://v8.cache4.c.youtube.com/CjgLENy73wIaLwkwG2za5mFghBMYJCAkFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSARSB3JlbGF0ZWRgi8iSi9akhPhMDA==/0/0/0/video.3gp;interface=wifi
  11. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
  12. ClaireandDaisy

Name:
    Claire
    Thankyou. That cleared up a lot of things.
    So - they are a mix of GSD, Husky and Malemute, with the intention of creating a wolf-like appearance. There is no recent wolf blood in the breed (as I suspected).
    The aim is to create a particular look. Yes, they do look nice, but I`ll stick the shepherds. :grin:
  13. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    You are welcome xxxx
  14. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    The problem is, a certain person appearing on tv in the mid 90s, claiming her dogs were wolf hybrids. The same dogs who after DEFRA started poking around, mysteriously became northern inuits with no wolf content...Then utonagan's, tamaskans, British inuits etc were created from them.

Regardless of the truth, a lie was told and the above is the reason why the wolf content debate imo isn't ever going to be settled.
  15. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Ref 'testicles' not descending, I wonder what the instances of Utes with this problem is? Or is this not an issue for them due to more careful breeding and monitoring over the years?
  16. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

I remember you talking about Woody and that you sometimes had/have him over to stay after having him re-homed to your friend.:) I wonder if he is anything like Hal? I hope both he and your daughter are doing well.
  17. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    I also remember Gnasher mention Woody.

In fairness to Gnasher she just believes what her breeder told her about her dog.
    When i got Lia (rip) many years ago i was told she was a collie x lab x retriever. Never could see the lab in her but believed what i was told and thats how i always described her when asked what she was.
  18. bint

bint New Member

Name:
    Susan
  19. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I shall have another look xxxx Is the dog on the bed known to you?
  20. bint

bint New Member

Name:
    Susan
    Only in that he is a litter sibling of my two. I don't have any contact with any other Ute's or their owners - except on this forum.
  21. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Gnasher if you are about, or anyone else who knows, was Hanuka a white GSD?