Wash bag for dog bedding General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Janet, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet

Wash bag for dog bedding

Has anyone used one of these? I saw them on Amazon - they are supposed to protect the washing machine from loose dog hairs. Actually, having a Poodle and a tiny smooth coat Chihuahua dog hairs aren't a major problem for me, but the Vet Beds do get various bits of debris in them (I have been known to throw them away rather than risk clogging up the washing machine!) and I wondered about getting one.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Janet likes this.
    Everyone I know of who has bought one of these, loves it. Being a cheapskate, I save old oddment pillowcases for washing dog towels and Vetbed. Sealed with a sturdy elastic band, they are just the right size to take Beagle sized pieces. You need to turn them inside out after use to shake the trapped hair and grit away, but the machine stays clean.
  4. Breedy500

Breedy500 New Member

Name:
    Luke
    Janet likes this.
    I used them they always come in handy, loving them so far
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Janet likes this.
    Having a breed that constantly sheds I really wish I could have a separate washing machine for dog bedding, I hate to think of the amount of dog hair that gone down my machine's drain!

I use vet bed being quite big pieces (and fed up with the mess inside machine) I decided to try putting it inside an old single duvet cover in machine which does help.
  6. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Ah well, all my old pillow cases and duvet covers are still in use on the beds!

Good to know that people who have them are pleased with them - I'll get one. I know one of the makes mentions it can be used for horse blankets, so presumably I'll be able to fit a Pepe sized vet bed in it.

I think GSDs are amongst the worse for shedding!
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    :D

I had to buy new fitted bottom sheets when I bought a new bed [found a very good home for them though] but am still using pillow cases [and some towels] that I had bought for my Hope Chest, a very long time ago.
  8. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    You must have had good quality linen etc in your Hope Chest Malka!

My towels start off in the bathroom, then they're demoted to dog towels, and eventually they become cleaning rags.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It was a very long time ago Janet - quality was better and prices were lower.

And sales meant exactly that.
  10. Branjo Snow

Branjo Snow New Member

Name:
    Branjo
    I ended up just using those coated rubber mats you would have in a kitchen as their beds. Until my Husky was approx 3 he would one day just decide the bed needed a big hole in it. I was getting a different one at Pet Smart every other month, but he has had his big dog pillow bed for 6 months now, though I still have to keep the Akita away from it as she is besotted by how much stuffing she can pull out and throw around the house.

I liked the Kong beds as they are of better quality, but they are still not a problem for a dog that wants to see what's inside, but on the whole they are of better quality than most.