Weight Questions

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by Ben67, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Ben67

Ben67 New Member

Name:
    Ben

Weight

Hi All,

I recently got a female Malinois when she was 8 weeks old. The breed standard says that females should be around 45-55 lbs. But using her weekly weight at http://www.puppychart.com I am predicting around 75 lbs. Are sites like http://www.puppychart.com to be trusted or she is really going to get that big.

8.5 Weeks 16.5 lb
    11 weeks 22.6 lbs
    12 weeks 25.2
    13 Weeks 27.2
    14 weeks 31 lbs.
    15 weeks 34 lbs.
    16 weeks 37 lbs.

She is by no means fat. If you really pay attention you can see her ribs and definitely feel them when petting her.

Thanks for your thoughts.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Azz likes this.
    I don't think it's very accurate.

When I did it for my (then) Pei puppy it estimated her grown weight would be 25.8 kg when in fact at 3 years old her actual weight is 17 kg.

A big difference!
  4. Ben67

Ben67 New Member

Name:
    Ben
    Thanks for the information. There are so much misinformation on the net the one can go dizzy. One vet said that take her at four months of age, multiply by two and then add ten. This means she will easily hit 90 lbs.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    If you believe in Google then you need to know what you are looking for and what link to believe. But you need to know what you are looking for and to understand what each link means. Most of them are probably useless.

Had I gone by what the many Google links said, and no, I did not bother to check at the time, my then 3 week-old un-weaned 400g cross Dachshund/Minpin would have ended up weighing 10 kilos if not more.

At 16 months she weighs 6.800 kilos, is a skinny little one who has rock solid muscles, all her weight being in her muscles.

My suggestion is to never look up Google for information.
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Azz, Pork1epe1 and Malka like this.
    Must admit I have never looked at weight charts, every puppy is different, some grow faster than others, bone structure also plays a big part as well as genetics, I just go by eye as long as they are fit, healthy and have good body condition that does it for me.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I never even looked at Little One to check her weight. She was as she was. I had to keep a check on Pereg's weight due to her condition and medication, and now the little 'orrid one Tikva has to be weighed because of the three-monthly Parkworm shot he has to have.

But her food has never been changes since she was fully weaned. So who can say what she should weigh? Tikva seems to know what is the correct amount she should weigh.

And I am not going to argue with her!
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Apologies for diabolical spelling. :oops: