Weimerarner x Vizsla - Does anyone have experience of this cross? General Chat

Discussion in 'Hungarian Vizsla' started by moodykat, Apr 2, 2010.

1. moodykat

moodykat New Member

Name:
    Kate

Weimerarner x Vizsla - Does anyone have experience of this cross?

Hi!

We have recently acquired a new addition to our tribe of gundogs...a Weimerarner x Vizsla bitch puppy.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of this cross? Or any idea what she might turn out like?!

So far she's proving to be very intelligent, if a bit naughty! And she WILL NOT be left by herself. The first night we caved in at 3.00am and she was on our bed! :lol:

Thanks

Kate
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mumof5

mumof5 New Member

Name:
    carajane
    some one i know had one, she was brilliant, full of energy and very clever.

they didnt exercise her enough and she was always in the kitchen so became destructive and they re homed her to someone who has horses and loads of time and room for her. she is loving it. :)

any pics?
  4. peedie

peedie New Member

Name:
    Kirsten
    Photo please :) I'd guess your pup will turn out to be high energy, need a lot of excercise and mental stimulation too. Lots of 'jobs' to do. My wire viz is a very timid girl, can be a bit scared of new things but very very affectionate, a real velcro dog! I think both breeds tend to be food orientated and can be thieves ha ha! Keep your tables and worktops clear ;). Sounds like a fab dog to have, good luck with her :)
  5. moodykat

moodykat New Member

Name:
    Kate
    I'm afraid I'm currently without camera so am unable to put any pictures up yet...sorry!
  6. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    She is going to be a handful, that I can tell you! there is someone locally to me with this cross. I've only seen her a couple of times but the dog looks like a brown (colour of a Chocolate Lab) Weimeraner... although I actually thought it was a liver GSP when I first saw it.

I would guess taking into account both breeds that she will be VERY active, sensitive, very smart but stubborn, rather naughty, eager to please herself and have a LOT of character.

Weims are very prone to separation anxiety is that is something you want to work (starting with very short periods of separation) on from day 1.
  7. moodykat

moodykat New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Yes, I'm already finding that out! Luckily I am a housewife so only go out for a couple of hours at a time! Went for a walk today and she was glued to my heels! She is also chocolate brown.
  8. angied

angied New Member

Name:
    angie
    ive got a weim cross springer that looks like a choc pointer! hes the best cross ever hes so laid back has a walk and is so lazy after that. the only problem i have is in the car he screams muuum when hes in it thru being over excited and i have to have him in a cage with a muzzle on cos he destroys the cage again thru being excited and hes just turned 7!!!!
    fantastic recall very loving hates the rain will NOT go out in it not too keen on water not fussed about long walks either would love to see a pic when youve got one
    charlie has a love of food and will steal if not put at back of kitchen units doesnt mind being left on his own as long as hes got a comfy bed.
    oh and hes scared of his own shadow when it thunders or firework night hes on my knee trembling but that can be any dog really
  9. aerolor

aerolor New Member

Name:
    Rena
    Oh lovely - I hope she has not been docked. Like has already been said she will probably be high energy and very intelligent. An ideal country dog. Join a gundog club and she will probably surprise you with what she can learn to do. You will need to keep her occupied, but generally these breeds are noted for their temperaments and willigness to co-operate, so a first cross should be a lovely experience. Enjoy her and good luck.