Well my decision has been locked in! General Chat

Discussion in 'Weimaraner' started by x-clo-x, Jul 7, 2011.

1. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe

Well my decision has been locked in!

after umming and ahhing over what do i want next, and doing ALOT of research, i had decided on the weimaraner. despite what people were telling me, i still really liked them, so looked into some breeders (with the help of smokeybear :grin: )

last night i met my friends weim, and he is absolutely stunning, only 2 and a half but such a good boy! meeting him has definately sealed the deal. :grin: i know how hard she has worked with this dog (and she is only eighteen 8) and she also has a gorgeous dobermann boy, who quite took my fancy :lol:

but no, im set on a weimaraner, i love love love them :grin: the breeder i think i may like to get a dog off, i want to go and visit, and i need to go soon before she has a litter of pups, because i just cant have one yet, and seeing squishy puppies would drive me mad :lol: but yep the weimaraner is for me :grin: :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    I bet you change your mind ..:p
  4. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    nope. i really want a dog i can work so ive been looking at gundogs. and even though there are other dogs that i would like to own, none of them can work so im going for the gundog this time. watching this weim work was amazing, he was so good :grin:
  5. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    How exciting :grin: sounds like you are determined, I was determined and got what I wanted and it's so rewarding when you have the dog you really wanted and training goes well. (just have to keep that determination when it's not going so well ;-) well I had to anyway :lol:)

How long are you going to wait before you get one? :grin:
  6. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    How does your nan feel about this?
  7. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    i know, i know the dogs are hard work, i know they require a completely differen type of training approach being a HPR but they are such great dogs, and you get out what you put in. :grin: hoping next year sometime.

suprisingly she is coming round to the idea of having big dogs again. she did used to have german sheperds so i dont know why she was so against big dogs anyway. and thats even if im at home then.
  8. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
  9. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    So do I ;-)
  10. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    I know, I know you've been doing research and you've had enough people tell you the same thing over and over. Just saying when you really want something enough the training etc becomes very enjoyable more than anything else :grin:
  11. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    thanks :grin: SB helped me with breeders who have dogs with great temperments, and dogs that are shown but also worked too, im glad she pointed me in the right direction, otherwise i wouldnt know where to have started!
  12. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    Sounds great :grin:
  13. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Sure you do not want a LONGHAIRED one? ;)
  14. paulandfloyd

paulandfloyd

Name:
    Paul
    no they look odd
  15. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    I'd like one - think they are stunning - but I like GSPs tooo much.
  16. paulandfloyd

paulandfloyd

Name:
    Paul
    no they don't
  17. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Oohhh, now you're talking! :D :lol:
  18. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    ooooh :lol: :lol: :lol: where im looking though they dont seem to have any long haireds... so will have to stick to a short hair one for now :grin:
  19. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
  20. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
  21. Jessi Clark

Jessi Clark New Member

Name:
    Jess