Well this is a first for me !! Discussions

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by My bear Yoji, Sep 15, 2017.

1. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa

Well this is a first for me !!

So, I have just come back from an outdoor soirée and something very strange has just happened
    A friends dog, he is called Sony started to sniff around around me and then just like that....he cocked his leg and pee peed on my foot
    Is there a ' dog ' related reason for this, did he smell Yoji or just literally need a wee?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    The same thing happened to me once. The dog was a Doberman, and must have had an enormous bladder capacity - I was soaked even though I quickly leapt out of the way! No idea why he did it.
  4. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    I've seen this in dogs that are either nervous or excited. And it seems to be a reaction to new people from what I could gather. Is this the first time you have met this dog?
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    It's usually scent related, or so the theory goes.

The smell of your other dog, a particular scent to you, even the scent of the menstrual cycle can spark it.

Just like over scenting another dog's wee, it appears to be a mark of taking ownership/even making friends :)
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    My guess is that it may be stress related.
    When I was showing Cavaliers, I once spotted a dog in my class cock his leg against his handler. I nudged the competitor next to me and said, 'That one has just cocked his leg on her trousers'. She replied, 'So has yours'. He had done. The once and only time he ever did it!
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Just as Lexi used to pee on Vadim's shoes when he came to give her her yearly rabies shot. He always had it ready and as soon as she saw him she would meet him on the doormat - and his shoes got a sprinkling!

Luckily neither Pereg nor Tikva did/does it - strange though how all of them only ever saw/see him once a year [he microchipped them on when he gave them their first rabies shot] all three recognised him and were excited as soon as they saw him, tails wagging away, Lexi was the only one who piddled on his feet!
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I have seen it and been victim to it a few times, mainly at dog shows.