Welsh Springer Coat Colour Questions

Discussion in 'Welsh Springer Spaniel' started by Wozzy, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne

Welsh Springer Coat Colour

Met a lady today who had this dog running round that I couldnt quite identify. It's hair had been closely clipped so that didnt help, it was quite large in size and black and white in colour. I could tell it was a gundog and then she informed me he was a Welsh Springer. I said I thought they only came in red and white and she said they came in B&W too, she has his papers at home to prove his breed. Anyway, I looked at this dog more closely and it's head looked nothing like a Welshie.

So, my question is, is it possible to have black and white? I've Googled it and red and white is the only coat colour which comes up. Or maybe she has been swindled, or the dam got served by another dog without the breeders knowing and they registered them anyway...
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Maybe she had a English one bred in Wales ;)
  4. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    I have heard of B&W welshies before I think they are some but couldn't be sure :017:
    Hopefully some owners on here will put us straight.
  5. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
  6. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Only come in red and white the comfusion sometimes occurs because working cockers were sometimes called welsh cockers. If it was black and white it couldnt have been a welsh but as someone has said could have been born in a field in wales i get loads of strange puppy buyers thinking there looking for welsh when they're not :D