West Highland White Terrier

Discussion in 'West Highland White Terrier' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    I had the breeder show me how to strip Annabelle. Stripping keeps their coat nice and hard, and will help keep them from looking dirty, as the dirt doesn't stick to the hard fur as much as the soft undercoat. Clipping them keeps their coat soft tho, so it's a personal preference. I strip my largish terrier mix as well, but he's easy as I dont have to follow specific lines or anything, as he's a mutt! lol Tho I do tend to strip similar to the Irish. I really do prefer a stripped terrier, (as opposed to a clipped one) but again, it's a personal preference. and it depends on wether you want to spend a fair ammount of time doing it yourself, or have a professional do it for quite a bit of money (here it's more than double to have a dog stripped instead of clipped, by a groomer... if you can even find one that'll do it!) So I had to learn to do it myself, then I taught my Sister to do it, as she went and moved across the country!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Ol's

Ol's New Member

Name:
    Ol's
    My West Highland Terrier has a pure pink nose and was prone to skin conditions for years until we realised that we just needed to wash her less & only ever use sensitive skin wash. Also, when she is due for a groom we only take her to someone that will scissor clip her or will at the least not trim too close to her skin. This works for us and saves on vet trips for creams and medicine. We are all happier for this :lol:

Olivia is 9 and has always had a pink nose. Westies have a beautiful temperament; so gentle, playful, cheeky and baby-like! Our Ollie loves the car too; always up for a ride.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:p
  4. sonnchris4

sonnchris4 New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Hi. I don't know if u r still on the forum, but have a couple of Westie questions.
    Thanks