What cross do you think this is? General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

What cross do you think this is?

I was trying to find a picture to show Tikva's shape and no, this is not a Dachshund/Minpin cross as she is, but it looks so very similar to her.

What cross do you think it is?

upload_2016-11-4_20-44-40.jpeg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I don't know, but those are BIG feet!
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Whoever took that photograph it was at an odd angle as the front legs look very thick. It does not say how old the puppy was or if it was an adult dog, but the same picture, on different image sights, it is named as either an Italian Greyhound/GSD cross or an Italian Greyhound/Doberman cross. :confused:o_O:confused:

But the shape of skull, length of nose, set of ears, and those eyes - plus the overall shape, are so similar to Tikki that I had to look at her and do a double check that it was not her.

I wonder what the true cross is though, because I cannot see any GSD in her, nor any Dobe. I do not think I can see any Italian Greyhound in her either.
  5. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana

Hi Malka,

Could it be a cross with red Manchester Terrier? Screenshot_20161104-134750.png Screenshot_20161104-134756.png Screenshot_20161104-134750.png Screenshot_20161104-134756.png
  6. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana
    Holy crow, how did I end up with all these pictures???o_O
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Lo yodat!

Seriously, I have found the identical photo as I posted in my OP, one stating that the dog was an Italian Greyhound/GSD cross, the other that the dog was an Italian Greyhound/Doberman cross.

But the right-hand picture, fourth down of those you posted, look like the same dog as in my OP - and its front legs are very similar to those of a Doxie but longer like my Tikva, who has been described as a Doxie on stilts who has run into a wall!

[I must put new batteries in my camera and take more photos of her]
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Sorry but there is no such thing as a red Manchester Terrier. This is one of the few breeds which only has one colour, black and tan. The Breed standard is very precise in its description the tan markings which contrast with the sleek jet black coat. They are an elegant breed which resembles a miniature Doberman, - which it was used to produce.