What does a BullGreyhound look like??? Questions

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by Cooper, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Cooper

Cooper New Member

What does a BullGreyhound look like???

and where are they all coming from???
    Theres a few litters in the local papers and I have seen a few rescue ads recently... but what do they look like? and how come the seem to be a popular cross?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. pollaton

pollaton New Member

Name:
    michelle
    never heard of one and nothing comes up when you type it into google???
  4. Archer

Archer New Member

5. Cooper

Cooper New Member

Oh right!
    Cannot look at the link coz 'hunting and gun sights are filtered" GRRRR - I wish I had the internet at home :-(
  6. Archer

Archer New Member

It looks very much like a muscley greyhound with a less fine head...hope that helps.
  7. Cooper

Cooper New Member

Thanks archer... that clears it up... when I first saw a litter advertised I assumed it was just an accidental, then I started seeing alot more of them... so thats when I wondered about purpose!
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Hi Cooper.
    Bull Terriers are crossed with Greyhounds to give a more powerful and quicker more effective bite, the jaw strangth of the Bull Terrier make a very quick kill and coupled with the speed of the Greyhound, they often make an excellent Lurcher for bigger game.
    Dawn.
  9. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    i saw a greyhound x staffy one and oh my what a dog, was tall, had the shape of a staffy head and one musley body
  10. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    pics of bull terrier X Greyhound
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. Archer

Archer New Member

Fantastic looking creatures.These look to be more English bull x rather than staffy IMO
  12. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    great pics, nice dog but rather the staffy x greyhound than the ebt x greyhound
  13. Luke

Luke New Member

They are a very powerfull dog, one of our dogs, Florrie, a Westie cross Dandie Dinmont, is of working heritage, anyway her breeder crosses her working westies to her working strain of Dandie Dinmonts, (a sadly declining breed), anyway she keeps mainly dogs sued for the field, i ncluding Springer spaniels, sprockers (springer cross cocker), German Wirehaired Pointers, irish Setters, Greyhounds, and Bullxgreyhounds, very good dogs, will have to fork out some of the pics she sent me.
    Oh she also keeps Samoyed but as pets LOl
    Best wishes
  14. patterlad

patterlad New Member

Name:
    Steve Rogers
    I love the bullxgreyhound super ,strong looking dog.
  15. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    I love the look of this one :)

[​IMG]
  16. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    they are impressive dogs and like patterlad said strong dogs!
    Lurchers do it for thou lol!
  17. Luke

Luke New Member

Forgive me if i am wrong, but i remember you saying that you didnt agree with using dogs for hunting, and/or hunting in general, but surely you knoq these dogs and lurchers are primarily bred for working dogs, dont u?
  18. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    yes they are but dont mean you have to work them luke

I have an irishwolf hound x greyhound that my parents breed and hes will exercised and he does not need to hunt!

Just because i like the lurcher luke does not mean because i own one i have to work it!
  19. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Yes those dogs are actually EBT X Greyhound I think something else too they call them Bull Arab, I have pictures of Bull Greyhound 1st crosses I will PM you the pics as I am not sure I can post them on here......handy dogs.
  20. Luke

Luke New Member

I didnt say that you did have to work them, but most Lurcher breeders that i know breed for a working dog standard in mind, and as a breed that are primarily working dogs, someone whom had issues with hunting using dogs in the field etc, may not be too pleased about the breeding intentions etc of this particular breed
  21. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    oh laura i would love to see, why can you not post on here?