What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    mjfromga and Janet like this.
    What a difference a day makes, calm and some sun here.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    GsdSlave and Janet like this.
    Yesterday was SO WARM. Almost 80° as the high. Bit warmer than I like but my babies are happy winter seems to be over...

4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Wow, what beautiful fish you have!

At my last house we had a pond in the garden and I stocked it with fish (goldfish and golden orfe.) The local heron was delighted and had the lot.

I had a dopey cat who used to try and catch the frogs, and she kept falling in.
  5. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Fortunately we don't have any fish eating species of birds here. These are all goldfish, mostly chubby and slow ones with no places to hide and not deep water (depth is bad for their swim bladders). Any fish eating species of bird would eat them all easily. Thanks BTW. These are my little babies. I really love them. I name them all and I know them by name. All 17 of them lol
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Calm but a cold breeze here this morning. A few trees with branches down and what looked like a plastic roof panel on the walk by the lake. Apparently a few trees down on the side roads, but we were lucky in that we didn't lose electric last night. Quite a bit of the surrounding area did.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Pleasant and bright today. Just one shower which, with masterly timing, we managed to synchronise with our walk.

North West Working Trial Society hold their Championship trial over this week. (My stint in the kitchen is on Sunday, the final day). My heart goes out to the poor souls who were drawn to track yesterday. I imagine that these will have been forced to withdraw from competition, so disappointing, especially where there is long distance travel involved.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    GsdSlave likes this.
    It has been a lovely warm and sunny day - such a shame that that I did not have such good news, but then that is life I suppose.
  9. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Gone is the sun and we are back to wet and windy .
  10. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Cold and wet today. Back to winter :(
  11. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Frosty 1st thing then warm and sunny...Tootsy refuses to come indoors during the day, preferring to sunbathe or go off and play with her mates. We have another Terrier type dog, a Pug and a Sausage dog cross that she hangs out with. I am totally out of the picture. If I keep her in she just looks at me inquisitively as to say, "I wanna go out dad", until I give in. And yes she does get regular walks, after the walk she just toots off...
    Hmmmmm....I am definitely Billy no mates.....
  12. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Back to very windy (though nothing like Doris) and it's also bitterly cold and pouring with rain. My two go to the door asking to go out, then take one look at the weather and turn back round. Sometimes I have to manhandle them out..
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Same here, cold, windy, showery - and we are back to mud everywhere. I wish the Beags didn't want to go out, but they are always ready for action.
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Nice and sunny and warm but I wish I was. Gave in, put Tikki in her crate with a bikkie and went to bed - fully dressed. Oh the shame of it. :oops:
  15. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Your secret is safe with us.
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    She did not care though. But oh the shame of it, going to bed fully dressed in the middle of the day.
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Janet likes this.
    But I did give her a bikkie.
  18. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    CaroleC likes this.
    The weather is so lousy here that bed is probably the best place.

Normally on such a miserable Saturday afternoon I would put on a good DVD, but no chance of that because husband is watching Six Nations Rugby. It's on tomorrow too. I've had to resort to doing housework.
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Janet I do not put the TV on on Shabbat. Yes I use my computer which is really forbidden but then I am not perfect. I was just cold and tired and Tikva does like her special bikkies and I really did need to go to bed. Fully dressed or not.

Sometimes one one has to do what one has to do. And I had to go to bed.
  20. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    At long last most of the snow has disappeared and the weather's getting warmer. Today for the first time in a month we were able to go for a walk in the field behind the house but not onto the cart track as that's still a quagmire.

The dogs really enjoyed themselves especially Georgina who's grown very sensible now she's older. I can leave her off lead knowing she won't go very far before she comes back to check on me which is more than I can say for "little brother"!
  21. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Ok, I worked it all out today, that business with Tootsy disappearing off. Well she disappeared off for over 2 hours today and I began to get really worried. No Tootsy. Called her,and called her. In the end I walked up to the farm, and oh yeh Tootsy is hooking up with the dachshund cross..!!!! lol