What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    I mean they really got on and it was so sweet to watch the two of them. She is a different dog tonight...lol
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    It is great to have made a doggy friend, but you don't mean that they have mated do you?
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Oh no - I have a cross Dachsund AND YOU DO NOT WANT ONE, Much as I love Tikva you do not want one.
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Tootsy has been spayed Carole x
    Weather is awful here, its chucking it down with high winds.
  6. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    CaroleC likes this.
    Yes, thank you GSD, Tootsy is spayed and chipped as I have told you all and he is a male with all the bits. And yes Malka they would have been a lovely cross, he has tiny strong legs and quite a large square'ish head but very handsome with it.
    And I do feel a little guilty Tootsy did not have just the one litter and I'm sure they would have been adorable pups which always helps the re homing.
    Saying that, its an huge commitment looking after pups.
    I know you are all going to say there are millions of strays etc that need rehoming and I understand that......I just feel guilty
  7. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    I think that would have been my decision thank you Malka......
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Andrew, I really do love Tikva - I really do - and she is only half Dachshund [dam] and half MinPin [sire] accidental mating, but she can be a horrid little girl at if she is in that mood, and oh how glad I am she was spayed once she was old enough and weighted enough.. Last time I think it was an accident as I woke her so it was my fault, but still...

She is wonderful with even little children and lets them fall over them - pull her non-stop and she just lets them. But she will bite me, and only me, when she feels like it, and if you have ever been bitten by a Doxie you will never want the experience again.

My fault last time - she was sleeping and I wanted her to wake up - get the idea?
  9. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    The sun was out again today, I put washing on the line for the first time in the garden.
    Took Toots for a walk up to the lane and further up to where we got charged by the boar, for the first time since that bad day. We walked further on into what is really a wooded wilderness and came across a little cottage. No roads and not even a path leading to it. I've never found it before and someone had been living in it up until recently as there was furniture and kitchen etc all in serviceable order. I believe it was a woman judging by the bits and bobs laying around. The door was left open by the way, kind a ajar.
    It was totally magical....I thought I was seeing things when I first caught a glimpse of it in the middle of the trees.
    I just broke my camera but I will try and post some pics if I get it sorted...
  10. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC and Janet like this.
    Oh how exciting, coming across hidden treasures look forward to pics
  11. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    This is a real-life fairytale! Hope you can get some pictures.

Being charged by a boar must be scary. The worst we've had is when Bogie used to be dive-bombed by the rooks. (Only him, really weird).
  12. Sue Staffy

Sue Staffy New Member

Name:
    Sue
    The wind here for the last few days have been awful. Next doors fence is over and its in my garden, so I have to take Tiggs out on a lead. Hope they hurry and fix it such a pain you can't let your dog out.
  13. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Yes I will try and go there again and take photos...
  14. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Just to balance things out a wee bit...The last couple of days, weather wise here in SW France, has been horrible...Windy cold and wet..Yesterday was just nasty, it felt like winter had come back to bite me. Needless to say Tootsy had to stay indoors for most of the day so she was very sulky... Took her for a good walk this morning and now we are both snuggled up in the warm...Please come back lovely spring weather we need you.
  15. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Today is one of those days when you look out of the window and think it's a lovely Spring day. Then you go out and find it's bitterly cold.
  16. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Really pleasant and Springlike here. Yesterday, the dogs were all mudded up, today the puddles are drying and they have returned home fairly clean. The old name of, 'February Fill-dyke', has certainly been appropriate this year. The ponds are up to their highest level, and the land drains are running like mini torrents. Good for washing paws though!
  17. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Overcast with heavy showers and the wind is really nippy.
    Not happy as the farmer has ploughed up my favourite walking fields today.
  18. AIIan

AIIan Member

Name:
    Allan
    A fairly "braw" day today. Wish we didn't have a bit of a sick house to get out and enjoy it.
  19. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Oh dear! Hope it's nothing serious. Get well soon.
  20. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    It's been pouring with rain all day here and apart from a quick walk the dogs have slept most of the day. I've been making chews for them in the dehydrator ... lucky dogs!

Having finally cleaned all my tiled floors earlier this week they're now all muddy again. Too much mud for my steam cleaner to cope with, so another on hands and knees job.

Weather forecast for the weekend looks promising and hopefully we'll manage a few long walks. So much easier now Georgina can be off lead most of the time!
  21. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    It's pouring with rain here and bitterly cold as well.

I'm seriously thinking I should brush up on my Spanish and move somewhere warmer!