What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Like Janet, bright but cold. I just wish it would make up its mind!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Dank and dismal here, so different from yesterday!

The dogs have spent most of the day lazing around in the house, for which I was truly thankful because the tummy bug I had a few weeks ago came back with a vengeance yesterday afternoon and I spent most of last night and early this morning hanging over the toilet pan!

Just beginning to perk up a bit after spending the morning feeling like "death warmed up" but did manage to take a couple of snoozes which I would have preferred to have had on the sofa had it not been for it being occupied by HRH!
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    No prizes for guessing,
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It was grey and cold when I let Tikva out at 8am and she could not get back in quick enough. An hour later and all was bright and sunny although there are a few wispy white clouds - not moving and I think they are deciding what to do. Hopefully either just stay as they are or go away. Looking at the trees there is not even the slightest breeze but anything can change within minutes.
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Blue sky and sunshine - will it last?
  7. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Blimey, what can I say about my weather.. Horrid I guess...
    The wind has only just let off for today but it keeps raining, persistent and nasty....
    I am dog sitting for my daughters big black Lurcher/Labrador kind of cross breed, big gangly legs bless her...Her and Tootsy are play fighting, for most of the day, in my relatively small cottage...my house is a Crazy house right now...
    Hopefully the rain will die off so I can let them run off their steam.....fingers crossed.
  8. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Pop over to Lincolnshire everyone - Spring has arrived and I'm about to hang my washing out.
  9. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    On my way, get kettle on :lol:
  10. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Done! And you can help me get the washing in if it starts to rain (no sign yet though).
  11. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Think it will be soaked by the time i reach you :lol:
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Well, stayed fine here. It can do what it wants now - as long as it's fine again tomorrow!
  13. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    It started off as dull and cold this morning, but by lunchtime was lovely and warm.

Feeling much better today, I thought I'd take the dogs for a walk along the cart track at the back of my house only to find there was a tractor ploughing next door's land and decided to leave it until he'd finished because I was worried that HRH might take into her head to investigate what he was doing so we played some games next to the house instead.

Just after lunch my neighbour appeared and offered to take them for a walk up the road and onto to one of the cart tracks the other side of the village green and they both came back tired and happy!

I really must have a wander round the neighbourhood to see which fields are going to be planted with crops this year and which are not!
  14. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    GsdSlave likes this.
    At last the rain and wind has given way to lovely warm sunshine.. We had 23 degrees the other day and is meant to be in its 20s today..
    I have been taking Tootsy back to the cottage in the middle of the woods on a regular basis as the access gate to that part of the woods has remained open. It has a citern, which is basically an underground tank of roof fed water with a stone roof and a small door, adjoined next to the cottage. This set up is quite common here, they used the water from the underground tanks for washing cooking...everything really. I have two citerns, one holds water amazingly well which is quite rare for these old places. Anyhow, next to the cottage citern is a lovely small stone sink which had grubby water in it, Tootsy loves to go off hunting then come back and sit in the sink full of grubby water. The upshot is I had to hand spoon out the yucky water and fill it full of the clean citern water. It is soo funny watching her plomp down into the stone sink to have a cool off then run off and do a bit more hunting..

Yesterday as we approached the front of the cottage Toots acted all strange like she could see something in front of it, she growled a wee bit.. kept looking..then ran off into the wilderness...It really did send shivers down my spine.......did she see something.. maybe the ghost of the lady that used to live there.. SPOOKY..

Saying that, I don't really get any bad vibes, in fact it is a totally wonderful place to walk to...
    I am soo sorry I cant post photos...I really haven't got a camera at the moment...I did try using an old phone camera but it simply wasn't compatible with windows 10...
  15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Fascinating. Do you know how long it has been unoccupied? Someone must own it - I wonder who?
  16. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Nowhere near the 20s but its been a warm pleasant day here, was great to get into garden for few hours, now I ache all over :oops:

The cottage sounds intriguing shame these old building are left to go to ruin.
  17. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    It was 25° last night and will be again tonight. My smallest and weakest fish died even though I brought them in. Sad. Late winter freeze.
  18. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    It's been glorious here today. The car registered 23 degrees when we came home from town this morning, but I guess it felt more like 15 to 18 degrees with the small bit of breeze we had. Beautiful day and a good taster for better weather to come
  19. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    BTW, 25°F is about -4°C
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    Sorry about your little fish Myra but oh is that cold. I was just outside with Tikva when she went for her night pee and it is surprisingly warm out for nearly 11.30pm.
  21. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    GsdSlave likes this.
    I went for the same walk with my neighbour today and borrowed her camera and took these photos. Apparently it hasn't been lived in for 3 years, and yes I was told P1040276 (2).JPG it was an older lady..
    Ok see if you can spot the cottage in amongst the trees... This was my first glimpse I got, I thought I was seeing things.....