What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Still a fine drizzle for most of the morning here. Very overcast and cool. British summers. You've gotta love 'em :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Still raining and it feels cold.
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Have I had a long sleep and woken up in the middle of winter?
  5. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    A glorious day here. The temperature's around 27C but with a cooling breeze. The dogs were walked fairly early this morning and I'll take them for a run along the cart track later this afternoon.

Because it tipped it down with rain yesterday afternoon and evening, Madam wouldn't settle at bedtime ... mainly I think because she hadn't seen Sashicat all day! She nearly drove me mad with her keep wanting to go out to see if Sashi was around. After letting her out 3 times I finally got fed up and ORDERED her to bed. Such a cruel mum!
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am not going to complain again.

I will just sit here and melt in silence.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Actually I am not really melting. Well, only leaking slightly. Because I have two very small but very effective fans which plug into USB ports on my PC. One sits on something on my left, and the other sits on something on my right - both facing me diagonally.

I also have the a/c on although not very cold, just enough to take the edge off the heat in the room, but shortly I will have to put the others on that face the back - kitchen, back room and my bedroom [which faces in three directions. I already have had to close the trissim so there is just enough light to see not to bash into things but even though I really need all the a/c units on I cannot afford the electricity.

None will be on cold - believe me 28°C is enough to take the edge off the heat, which shows how unbearably hot it is at the west-facing back, and the unit in my bedroom, which stays on all night, is only on 26°C.

But these two little fans, each with three speeds, are worth their weight in gold - not that they weigh [or cost] very much, and which will charge up if switched off but left plugged in at night. They can then be unplugged and used anywhere until the charge runs out and they need plugging in again.
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Been a lot better today DRY, with glimpse of sunshine.
  9. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Same here - actually managed to put some washing out on the line.
  10. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    A lot better day today. Overcast all morning, but warm and dry. The sun made a couple of brief attempts this afternoon too
  11. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    The last few days have been lovely, hot and sunny but bearable.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    No comment!

Just green with envy!
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    We really should have gone early, so no walks today. 35c in the garden, 25 in my coolest room. It may not be as bad as Malka's conditions, but too hot for me. They have promised us a thunderstorm, but there are no dark clouds yet.
  14. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    It was lovely this morning while we were out. Warm with a nice breeze. It got very hot this afternoon, but we were in hibernation with all the windows thrown open. Bit of distant thunder at the moment and it's a toss up as to whether we will get the threatened storm
  15. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    CaroleC likes this.
    We had a thunderstorm last night - and wow! - what a storm it was. Spectacular lightning. My husband has to sleep downstairs in the extension because of mobility problems, and water started dripping on his head from the skylight. So I had the fun of moving the bed at eleven o'clock at night. And even more annoyingly, I had spent ages earlier that evening watering not only my own garden but my neighbours' as well, who are sunning themselves in Cyprus. If I'd known were going to get all that rain I wouldn't have bothered!

Nice so far this morning.
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    No leaks but an explosion. I had a 1.5 litre bottle of Sprite on the floor in the back room [no cupboard space] and it blew up around 3am.

I really am not a very happy bunny at the moment :(
  17. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    CaroleC likes this.
    This morning was lovely but by noon it started to rain. And I had to go to the hivatal (municipal offices) which are only open 3 days a week for a few hours. I wasn't going to take the dogs but changed my mind and bundled them into the car. It was raining quite heavily when we got into town but OMG by the time we arrived back home the heavens had opened and just opening and closing the driveway gates left me soaking wet. And it didn't help because the little black devil decided he didn't want to get wet and refused to get out of the car and I had to haul him out much to his disgust!
  18. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Pork1epe1 likes this.
    Still no rain here, but it is looking increasingly likely. Added to which, I have just bathed Merry for her show tomorrow - an ancient rain making ceremony, second only in power to that of starting a wash cycle.
  19. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    CaroleC likes this.
    Ah, so I shall know who to blame when the rain comes!
  20. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    CaroleC likes this.
    For me it's cleaning the windows!
  21. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Way too hot today. We got the storm last night, but, if anything, it made things hotter. It's supposed to cool off tomorrow so fingers crossed for that