What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Miserable and tipping down with rain. :(
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    We had a terrific thunderstorm last night and this morning it's hot and humid! Much too hot to be energetic so I took the dogs for a gentle potter up to the cart track. The last time we walked there was Saturday afternoon and since then the sunflowers have started blooming in earnest. Fields of brilliant yellow stretching as far as the eye can see!

Going through the copse onto the track.

DSC00223.JPG

Van Gogh would have been in his element!

DSC00224.JPG
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    @GsdSlave I have seen the Cornish weather news. I don't know where in Cornwall you are, but hope you have weathered the storm, and are safe and dry.
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thanks Carole, were about half hour drive from Coverack, yet had no rain yesterday its only just started fine rain here at 4oclock today.
  6. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    32C here today. The dogs were walked early this morning but unless the temperature drops quite a bit I doubt whether they'll get a walk this evening. This morning took the kitchen carpet up, took it into the garden, hosed it down, doused it with Vanish, and gave it a good scrub before rinsing it off. I've just looked at it and it's nearly dry!

Yesterday it was around 29C and I had to go to the Immigration Dept in the city to sort out my new Hungarian NHS number. Town was crowded and after driving round in circles for half an hour, dumped the car and took a taxi. Sat and waited to be seen for 3 hours and still didn't get a new number.

Gosh was I worried because stupidly I wasn't sure exactly where I'd left the car but fortunately I remembered the names of some of the shops I'd passed and after treating myself to an ice cream to keep me going, was surprised how easily I found it! By the time I'd driven home it was 4 o'clock and my poor dogs had been shut up in the house since just after 9 am!
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    What an awful day, Barbara - and nothing achieved either. A deep breath and a large glass of wine is needed until this heatwave has passed.
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Very mixed bag here. At 5.30 am (don't usually get up that early but had to today) it was lovely and sunny. By 8 am it was raining. It rained through until 2.30 pm and it's been glorious since. British weather :). Always something different
  9. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Well Chico has been sitting with his legs crossed all day because he refuses to go out in the rain, and it's been chucking it down all day. Until about half an hour ago, and now it's lovely and sunny.

He still hasn't been out (well, the grass is wet and he won't put up with that) - he must have a very big bladder in proportion to his tiny size!
  10. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Been mostly dull here with a few scattered showers.
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Please someone send me some less hot weather, preferably with rain. Tikva will not go out unless I go out in the yard with her and tell her to make peepee - then she is straight back in because her tootsies are roasting and as for where she squats to pee...

And they said the heatwave would be easing?
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Don't wish to gloat but,
    It's been bright, but not hot today. Excellent training weather. Stayed dry until now, - a little light rain.
    It can't last.
  13. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Not good here its pelting rain and high winds,still good excuse to get on with pile of ironing :(
  14. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hello,
    Same here.
    Jane
    xx
  15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Ironing? What is that?
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.

Dunno - what is an iron?
  17. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I love washing, hoovering, ironing, you name it, I find it very therapeutic.

Nothing better than sticking some good music on, getting a glass of wine ready then going for it ‘bliss’:lol:
  18. naomie

naomie New Member

Name:
    naomie
    hello all
    I no that I have added one thread but forgot how to do it
    could someone please tell me how I start a new thread lol
    many thanks
    naomie xx
  19. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    naomie likes this.
    Go to Dog Forum.
    Pick the page you wish to post on - like B for Beagle, then select the breed. Red box at the top right, Post New Thread. There are General headings too. Good luck.
  20. naomie

naomie New Member

Name:
    naomie
    thank you CaroleC
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli