What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    It's been lovely here today. Just the right temperature. A bit of a breeze, but not a cold one. It is starting to dull over a bit now, but we had a lovely walk this morning
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    CaroleC and Janet like this.
    Even hotter today than it was yesterday .... around 35C and muggy with it.

Vince, my neighbour took the dogs for a walk at 8.30 this morning whilst it was still nice and cool and immediately he got back I went off to the doctor to collect a new prescription. What a lovely surprise to find parking next to the surgery and the waiting room empty so was in and out in record time!

I then did a little shopping and decided to call in to the petrol station to fill up, go to the loo and treat myself to one of their excellent coffees. What a mistake because the shop was packed to the gills and by the time I'd queued for the loo I scrubbed the idea of coffee and went home instead!

Since getting home have only been out once as the sun is really burning hot. Have picked my first courgette, a ripe tomato, a yellow pepper and 2 pea pods which I ate raw, from my veggie patch and tomorrow I hope there'll be enough french beans ready for me to freeze for winter.
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Enjoy your veg! Nothing ready here in my garden ( and the birds always get to the blueberries before me anyway) but it's so windy at the moment I'm half expecting all my (still green) tomatoes to be blown off!
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    @Pork1epe1 I couldn't cope. Would just be a sweaty blob at 35°. Your garden sounds idyllic though - enjoy your veg.
    @Chris B It sounds like you have received my yesterday weather. Breezy and intermittent rain here today.
    I decided to let the Merry monster off the lead in a fairly safe area today. She has been doing really well lately on the sports field and is waiting and recalling a good 80 metres. Well, it took me nearly two laps of the lake to get her to come, doing her own thing, ears in neutral. I bet she's full of all kinds of c**p now. Back to the drawing board.
  6. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    You'll get no sympathy from me. You should have known better than to get a Beagle!
  7. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hello all,
    Sunshine and fun times. Girls day out today. Never to old for theme parks lol.
    Jane
    xx

[​IMG]
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    It was lovely again here this morning, but it's dull with a couple of showers this afternoon. We go out in the mornings so happy Him upstairs got it right for us :)
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Please do not ask then I will not answer :)

But I still love you all xxx
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    No, sorry, I meant to say please do not ask then I will not have to answer! :oops:
  11. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Knew what you meant!
  12. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Rain, yuk!
  13. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    CaroleC likes this.
    The sun has just come out! Sorry, can't stop - got to put the washing out!
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Changable, but mainly bright. :007:
  15. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    But now I've had to bring it in again.
  16. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Been lovely here today (no rain :026:
  17. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Malka likes this.
    download x.jpg
  18. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
  19. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Just middling in the W. Midlands, but at least it's not piddling in the W. Midlands!
  20. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Hot (29C) and humid. We had the most terrific thunderstorm yesterday evening which lasted for over 2 hours. No TV reception and the lights kept flickering, so by 9.30 decided to call it a day and went to bed! Another thunderstorm forecast for tonight and tomorrow morning!

Just had a delivery from the UK and it feels like Christmas! I asked my DIL to buy me some bras and briefs from M&S as underwear in Hungary isn't a terribly good quality and also a new bedspread as they don't seem to have them over here for some reason. Because delivery charges go by weight she always adds something extra that she thinks I like. This time half a dozen books, sage and onion stuffing and Bisto chicken, beef and vegetable granules which are unobtainable over here!

The bedspread is cream which is no doubt a BIG mistake with having the little black devil and his wet paws walking all over it!!!!
  21. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee