What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Rain all day. Dark and dingy. Awful.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    No sign of the heatwave abating even a fraction - and this time it was the air-conditioner in my salon that did a whoopsie. S*ddit.

Thank crunchie for Nir who was here pdq and has, I hope, fixed it.
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Somewhat breezy. (Biggest understatement of the year).

If you don't hear from me again, you'll know I have been blown away.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    It's been the strangest of weeks for weather. Beautiful one minute, raining the next. We've been lucky again this morning. A bit breezy, but just the right kind of warm with sunshine. Now, it's raining and dull.
  6. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    I've just checked the outside thermometer - 42C and it's only just 11 o'clock! Hate to think what the temperature will be at 4 pm which is always the hottest part of the day!

According to the weather forecast it's going to be hot, hot, hot for the next two week, so I don't think we'll be going anywhere!

Georgina is fast asleep under the hedge and Gwylim's stretched out on the hearth tiles. I've staggered up the garden and collected peas for freezing and once I've shelled them I'll stagger up again and collect the beans that are ready.

If you don't hear from me again it's because I've melted in the middle of the veggie patch!
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Goodness Barbara, that is hot! You have certainly had some extreme weather in Hungary this year. I thought of you yesterday, watching the Formula 1 GP.
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Well after a few days of nothing but rain we finally have some sunshine peeping through the clouds.
    Think Summer is on hold .
  9. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Lovely sunshine, but very windy. I've put Fonzie the Cockatiel out because the sun is good for him, but he's having to hold on tight so he doesn't get blown off! I've put extra pegs on all the washing just in case.
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    We had a thunderstorm last night, but today is warm and bright with a gentle breeze. Earlier it was cloudy, but we just had a few raindrops on our walk - you couldn't call it rain. Perfick!
  11. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Its been lovely today, warm sunshine with a breeze.
    Now its just started raining :(
  12. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    GsdSlave and CaroleC like this.
    Another hellishly hot day in paradise. Managed to get up to the veggie patch and collect more peas and beans for freezing and started to vacuum the inside of my car but had to give it up as it's far too hot to work in a confined area.\

Georgina's flat out in front of the fan and the little black devil is fast asleep on the hearth in the living room!

DSC00319.JPG
    DSC00314.JPG
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I would not say it is hot, but I dropped a raw egg on the kitchen stone tiles...

... and it fried perfectly! :043:
  14. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  16. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Hot enough to stick bird, washing, and husband in wheelchair out in the garden, but they are threatening the possibility of thundery showers so I'm prepared to rush out and get them in at any time!
  17. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hi there,
    Its reasonably warm here. The sun is visible but is surrounded by grey clouds. The rains threatening to appear. I have my washing on the line, although like Janet am watching through the window to see if the showers start. :102:
    Jane
    xx
  18. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Sunshine and showers, though there are more showers than sunshine .
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I have forgotten what rain is like :(
  20. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    You can have some of mine.
    Today we have had warm sunshine, followed by scattered showers, a thunderstorm, a bright spell, (dogs out, laid a track for Merry), another thunderstorm, (while Merry and I were tracking), bright spell, (wet clothing hung out on the line), rain, (bring it back indoors).
    It is now pretending to be nice, but I'm not being fooled, there are still some big black clouds lurking.
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I will gladly accept some of your rain - and cooler weather. On the condition that you put up with this bdooly heat and my next electricity bill as I have had to put all air conditioners on. OK so I have one small wall one in each room and do not have them on cold - just cool enough to take the heat off a bit, but even so this is like living in an oven.

You would think that after 32 years [next Friday] I would be used to the heat by now but while at first it was so lovely that changed, and each summer seems to get worse and worse. And this latest heatwave has been almost unbearable. Just the couple of metres out to my wheelie bin was bad enough, and the lid of the bin felt like it was on fire.

Tikva will only go out to p&p first thing, then I have to go outside with her to ask her to pee - she will not go out by herself until latish evening when the sun has gone down and it is not quite so hot outside. Strange but large, long-coated dogs seem to cope so much better than little short-haired Tikki.