What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Its like mid October here, rain, dull ,foggy and cold, i hope summer is not over :(
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    After a dull.start, very hot again. The weather must have forgotten it's a Bank Holiday Weekend.

It was so hot yesterday that when I went on the dog walk I wore cut off trousers and sandals - silly thing to do, as I got badly stung. However, there were lots of dock leaves growing amongst the nettles, so picked some to rub on my legs. Now I've got stings on my hands as well.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Last week was like October, these last few days it’s melting, we are off touring Thursday so am hoping it will be a bit cooler for Heiko’s sake.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Have a good break Vee. I think the weather forecast was cooling towards Wednesday, then picking up again, but I guess it also depends where you are headed.
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Worst of all combinations for us. Bank holiday and likely the highest temperature of the year. Traffic tailbacks are massive and all the car parks are full to bursting. We went in town this morning when it was a little cooler and traffic not so bad. I wouldn't go in this afternoon for a pension. Hopefully, things will have calmed down considerably tomorrow and I hope it's a bit cooler too :)
  9. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    When I walk to the shops I have to cross the Skegness road. I was happy to be on foot and not stuck in one of those cars!
  10. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    To be honest, it's not something I would do on a bank holiday (come any distance to get here). It's a wonder they aren't stuck in their cars all day. I imagine that by the time they get here and find a parking spot, it's time to brave the traffic again and go home. Not much of a day out I wouldn't have thought
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I think it is a wee bit cooler today as I did not have to put the a/c on in the salon until around 11am - usually it has to go on as soon as I am up. Oh I do hope so as this summer has been diabolical and there is still quite a while before summer is over.

Once the weather does settle to be a reasonable temperature I will try to get Tikva to come for walks and actually walk instead of wanting to sit on The Silver Monster's footplate or on my lap.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Did I say I thought it was a wee bit cooler? Well it was at the time but not since then, although I did manage to get Tikva out once.

And after the problem with the a/c in my bedroom and then the salon [I cannot remember which did a whoopsie first] now the remote control for my bedroom a/c has packed up. Put new batteries in it - still no good. New remote needed. Booger.

Not to worry, both those are Saga so the remote from the salon will work with the a/c in my bedroom. The other two units are different makes and neither remotes work with a Saga unit. So I will have to take the remote from the salon into my bedroom when I go to bed, as if it gets too hot during the night and wakes me I have to turn the a/c cooler, and back into the salon when I surface.

Why does everything happen on a Friday, either a bit before Shabbat or once it is in? Nir will have to get a new remote for the Saga but of course I cannot contact him now until Sunday. SIGH

And it is bdooly 'ot again. :mad:
  13. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Got soaked on the dog walk this morning. Chico was not amused.

Yet came home, had a cup of coffee, and went to the shops in a T shirt.
  14. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Yep, very strange weather today. The rain came in torrents one minute, the next sunshine. Weird
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Saved by the bell - sorry batteries! I thought I had a few spare packs but they were AA and I needed AAA. So I canibalised a couple of push lights which were working fine as not so long ago they had had new batteries so should have worked in the a/c remote control. But they did not.

So after Tikva had scoffed her breakfast at 10am I buzzed over to the macolet and bought more batteries - and I will not need a new remote control for the a/c unit in my bedroom after all. Phew.

Roll on winter...
  16. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    HORRIBLE, strong winds and teeming it down.
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    HORRIBLE here as well. No wind, no rain, just HOT. Will this diabolical summer never end?
  18. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    We've been in Cleethorpes for the day - felt more like a week because it has to be the most run down, boring seaside town in the UK (apologies to anyone who like it there). We were passing time while the car was in the dealers. Not really cold, but blustery so felt it. Fortunately, it hasn't rained though - that really would have been the icing on the cake lol
  19. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    WOT????? I like Cleethorpes! It's lovely sitting on the prom watching the world and his dog walk by - beautiful beach too!
  20. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    The only part of it that I do like Janet, is the lake.

It'd be a strange world if we all liked the same thing :)
  21. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Still raining,at this rate think ill be growing web feet .