What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Worse than ever :090: and it has literally made me :078:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    It's been quite a nice day here.

From the looks of what the forecasters are saying though, the whole of the UK will need to batten down the hatches over the next couple of days due to the remnants of the hurricanes that hit the States. Mind you, I'm still waiting for September's Indian summer to begin - unless I blinked and missed it :)
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    [​IMG]
    We have had rain!!!!!!!
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Well I wish you'd kept it there instead of sending it over here. No sooner had I put my washing out than it started to rain.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    And again, Bucketing down. Bring it on, bring it on! Says she sniggering as even though I cannot even get to the macolet across the road when it is raining because the motors on my wheels must not get wet but I always make sure I am well stocked up...

...and oh how we need the rain.

It smells so fresh outside and even though I have to keep the trissim partially closed so the rain does not come in, I am sitting here with the door open and oh the smell of freshness that I had forgotten.

I know some people will disagree with me but times like this are the times I am glad Tikva does know what a puppy pad is for.
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Sun is shining and its quite warm here though ‘very’ windy, poor Heiko is miserable he hates the noise of the wind, especially coming down the chimney.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I can sympathise with Heiko as I hate the noise of the wind as well.

It has been strange today - quite chilly this morning, suspiciously dark clouds coming from the sea and I really thought it was going to rain - but it did not, the clouds seem to vanish and it was warm again. Not a/c hot but I did need to switch on one of the little fans that plug into the computer and sit on either side of me, wafting air onto my face.

Having kept up with the news about the storm Ophelia I do not think I should ever complain about the weather here again.
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    We had a red sun and dull pinkish skies this morning, but after lunch it turned sunny and bright with quite strong winds. There have been some really murky, (no, not mucky!), photos posted online this afternoon by some of the S. E. Beagle owners. The yellowish fogginess is said to be caused by sand picked up from the Sahara desert.
  10. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Well i think we've been fairly lucky compared to some, didnt have the yellow/orange skies either but can see few orange coloured clouds appearing now.
  11. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    Red sky at night, shepherds delight. Red sky in morning, barn on fire!
  12. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Its mad how the dust can travel so far!
  13. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    In my mind that last bit read like you were saying 'when Heiko comes down the chimney" (I have a strange mind!)
  14. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    We've had quite a nice day. Sunshine, sometimes a little overcast, but warm and muggy - unusual for October. From about 5 pm the wind started to whip up a bit, but so far nothing like what our friends on the west coast had this morning (I hope everyone is OK over on the west side). We did get the red sun this afternoon - it looked quite strange
  15. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hello there,
    I must admit though the red sun was spectacular with all the dust from the Sahara. Then what a beautiful sunset last night! :103:
    Jane
    xx
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is raining.

It is bucketing down.

It is not cold but...

...it is not that warm but ...

... there is lots and lots of water coming down from the sky and Tikva says it is all my fault.

Well she would, wouldn't she!
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is not just raining.

It is not just bucketing down.

It is still not that cold but...

...it is fairly comfortable ...

...but I have had to close all my trissim 3/4 or else that water stuff pours in, and it is dark. Not even midday but...

... there is lots and lots of water coming down from the sky and Tikva says it is all my fault.

Well she would, wouldn't she!
  18. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    At least you are no longer melting in the heat, Malka.
    Do you ever get frost or snow in Israel?
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Yes. Not where I live but there is frost in the Negev some nights [a bit further south from me] and there is snow and ski slopes in The Hermon in the North.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Hermon_ski_resort

Also, not every winter but some winters there is snow in high lying places - Jerusalem for example. And then everything stands still! Well, it is a very steep hill up to Jerusalem!

We so need rain and at the moment my back yard is flooded - as was the little concrete patio outside my front door until I managed to poke through the drain hole at the end - once a year I get the drainage ditch alongside dug out. Thanks to Nir and Alex who he gets to work for him for such outside jobs.

Tikva will just shoot outside and pee on the concrete outside the door first thing in the morning. You think she will wait?! And she will poo on the ramp if she does not want to get her dainty paws on the yard. If the worst comes to the worst I will put a pee pad down for her where I used to put one when she was a puppy as I have no problem in her using one.

No it is not cold but it is not warm and it seems to have changed from one season to another overnight.

And I have no hot water so I will not be having a shower today.
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Yeah! Sun so that means hot water and a lovely shower! It is rather windy though so I have had to sort of jam the front door so it does not slam as I [and Tikva] like it partially open. For me so I can see out and for her to go out as and when she needs.

Definitely not salad weather though so I think the soup maker will have to come out!
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Dull and windy today, but not very cold for the time of year. All the parks and fields are so muddy though. No point complaining, we seem to have mud for eight months of the year.