What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    We used to pop into the bakers every morning on way to work to get a lovely warm buttery.
    I remember when the butchers used to have chickens, rabbits ect hanging outside ‘there would be an ‘outcry’ nowadays.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    We survived. Never ate rabbits as they were not Kasher - so what did we eat? Probably were too young to know, but when Father was called up - 35 or 36 years old, three children including twin babies - and had no choice regarding food, they used to call him the Spam King - something he had never eaten before but probably had no idea what it was, just that he really liked it!

Vee - I am sure you are younger than I am - not a war baby but a few years later?

I do remember Mother swapping bacon rations for... for... what? Not that we knew why.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I thought you might like to see a couple of photos that my friend in Derbyshire sent today. Their underground water pipe is frozen, so all the water has to be carried by bucket to the twenty stabled horses. The horses still rugged and, 'at grass', are having water delivered in churns by pick-up, through five snow drifts!
    In the first picture, the triangle is the Give Way sign where their lane meets the road.
    So glad my large animal days are in the past!

image1.JPG image4.JPG
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Gosh that's what i call snow !
    I felt for the farmers too, some having to throw away 2 days of milk and what with it being lambing time.

Talking of sheep watching country file this morning I was surprised to see young sheep farmer using ‘Huntaways’ and how different they work compared to collies.
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Yes, I saw that too. I wish I knew where to look for the link, but there is a really amazing film of them working in NZ, somewhere on the internet. They must have tremendous stamina to cope with those long mountainous drives. Nice looking dogs as well.
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Well its been non stop rain since yesterday, OH was first up this morning and discovered we had no water, so he went to local shop to get couple of bottles they charged £1 for 2ltr bottle :eek: we had to go out anyway so went to supermarket 17p per bottle so got 6 bottles, when we got home the water was back on.:021:
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    So why am I complaining?

Because Mei Eiden did not deliver my water today and I cannot drink tap water.
  9. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    It was wonderful here for most of the day. A balmy 12 degrees no less and sunshine (yes sunshine). A proper spring day. The snow that hemmed us in last week has nearly all gone. Just the bits at the sides of some of the roads from where the roads were cleared. Long may it continue :)
  10. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Well it's been lovely and sunny, even managed to get my washing dry.
    Has anyone heard anything about Janet, haven't seen her around lately .
  11. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Cold, wet and drafty here, but the sun has just put in an appearance. Pity it didn't think to do it this morning as we got drenched walking back to the car
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I think she has been around but there has been nothing from Barbara for ages.

And I worry.
  13. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    According to her profile Janet last logged in on Dec 28, 2017, strange as she was an active member
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I just worry about us active member, which is why I have made arrangements for Breedia to know if I have done a whoopsie.

I do not know if anyone would miss me, or even care, but, but, just in case anyone ever thinks "have not seen Juli for yonks" - yeah well, I will be either here or I will be under de ground. But I have arranged for you to be told if I am at the latter!
  15. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Well the rain has finally stopped but the fields are so full of water that the ducks are swimming on them!

Incredibly windy today - I'm surprised little Chico wasn't blown into the canal! It was so strong it made me a bit dizzy.
  16. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Janet likes this.
    We have the gusting wind, (pardon us), but no rain for two days, so the ground is firming up! OH was even able to give the grass a first cut yesterday. I'm so sick of mud - and the nagging worry about AR - that I'll put up with the wind.
  17. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Well it just seems to never stop raining here, Easter weekend was a washout, mud mud glorious mud everywhere.
  18. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Janet likes this.
    Sunbathing weather here today.:041: The shops are running out of sun cream :lol:
  19. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Well lucky old you! Cold and wet here!
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is roasting outside but nice and comfortable indoors - not quite a/c temperature - yet.

It gets very hot at night though and the duvet ends up on the floor. I really must take it off and get out the summer blankets - which are just thin, lightweight quilted ones, like duvets without the stuffing. Two will do for the moment and then just one - until the heat really hits and then it will just be a thin sheet - and all the a/c's on.
  21. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Now now Janet, don’t begrudge us it, it’s a rarity as we have had nothing but constant rain for the last three months, I was evolving and growing webbed feet here.