what type of lurcher is he Questions

Discussion in 'Lurcher Forum' started by sossy88, Feb 29, 2016.

1. sossy88

sossy88 New Member

Name:
    chris

what type of lurcher is he

This is our lurcher Dingleman we were told he is a bedlington cross wheaten but have been told off a few people that he is a deerhound cross. He is highly intellegent and hes only 4 month old IMG-20160229-WA0004.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    He is beautiful, and I love his name.
    If he is a Wheaten/Bedlington cross, strictly speaking he isn't a Lurcher as there is no true hound breeding there.
    Dingleman's muzzle and nose pad look quite broad, and in that photo, he looks quite tall for 4 months. It might help to know his height, and also, do you have a side view photo?
  4. sossy88

sossy88 New Member

Name:
    chris
    hi thank you for your response we aint sure on what his height is but here is a side picture. We also have a 5 and a half month greyhound and Dingleman is just a bit taller then him. DSC_0152.jpg
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    The pictures are not ideal, but a Deerhound/Collie Lurcher would be my best guess based on them. Perhaps you could let us have another picture as he develops.

Maybe someone else will have another suggestion.
  6. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Looking at the first picture - I'd say definitely a 'lurcher' with some sighthound / long dog in the mix.

Deerhound in the mix would be my stab in the dark although these things can be tricky.

Fab looking pup anyway