Where can I find breeder of Small Munsterlander? Questions

Discussion in 'Small Munsterlander' started by DeeBuzzby, Oct 29, 2015.

1. DeeBuzzby

DeeBuzzby New Member

Name:
    Debbie
    6JRT's, Malka and Azz like this.

Where can I find breeder of Small Munsterlander?

We've recently lost our lovely Kooikerhondje to epilepsy, and we can't imagine our future without another four legged family member. Our first choice next time would be a small munsterlander. They appear to be the ideal match for us and, importantly, don't appear to have any significant epilepsy issues ( unlike too many other breeds.) Does anyone know of any UK breeders? I don't mind where they are or how long we might have to wait, but we really like the breed!
    Many thanks!
    Dee
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Azz likes this.
    I have just checked the Kennel Club site. They have no records of breeders of Small Munsterlanders, and there does not even seem to be a breed club in the UK. I believe that you would have to import one from either Germany or France.
    I also think they are a very attractive breed, and am surprised that there hasn't been more interest in them. However, as they are on the import register, there would be very few opportunities to take part in KC breed classes, though they could, of course, take part in activities such as Agility, Obedience, Rally etc.
    Good luck in your search, do let us know how you get on.
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    I've only ever met one and I don't know where he came from (sorry). Beautiful little pup that came along to classes. I was highly impressed with him.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I have also done a check on the Large Munsterlander rescue site. It seems they have recently rehomed a 4 year old Small M. Some notes on the site say that they have only known of two litters in the UK, (affix Kingfisher), though there are some imports about, the majority of which seem to have returned with members of the military services. I don't know whether this might provide you with a lead.
  6. DeeBuzzby

DeeBuzzby New Member

Name:
    Debbie
    Many thanks for the replies. It does seem like we've chosen an unobtainable breed!
    Just for the record, the Small Munsterlander is a different breed to the Large Munsterlander! Surprising.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am sorry that I also cannot help you, but just wanted to wish you condolences on the loss of your epi - you may or may not know that I lost my beloved epi girl on 1 April.

May they both be now running free together - well away from The Monster, although I am still on constant seizure-watch with little Tikva who, being a cross Daxie/MinPin probably has epilepsy in her background from both sides as it is a Monster for both breeds, so the slightest noise, day or night...

...well, I am sure you understand.
  8. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Yes they are different breeds, and from my understanding you will find it difficult to obtain one here in the UK, but you could always import one if its the breed for you.
  9. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    There was just one breeder which had a breeding pair in UK but that was in 1990 not sure if they are still breeding Kleiner Munsters.
    However someone called Suzanne can help you find a descent breeder as she as imported 2 kleiner Munsterlanders you can PM her on the forum called
    Chamdogs.co.uk