Who has the best mutt? Photos

Discussion in 'Mongrel Forum' started by PB&J, Jan 29, 2012.

1. madmare

madmare New Member

Name:
    Bev
    This was my girl, sadly now at Rainbow bridge, but she was definetly the best.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    My wonderful Mr Sam, best woofy in the world
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And his mum Abbie, a few weeks before she died and in all her hairy glory
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. Jenny

Jenny New Member

Name:
    jenny
    What a wonderful thread. I've loved looking at all of the gorgeous dogs - they are all fab!!:grin: :grin:
  5. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Just as a side note/comment/question type thingy. I've noticed lots of pictures on this website where dogs are muzzled. I never see muzzled dogs around where I live and I never muzzle my dog. Nobody here even owns a muzzle, much less uses one. Some people use them at the vets, but nowhere else. May I ask why there are so many muzzled dogs I keep seeing? I'm not trying to undermine or condescend anybody, I'm just asking.
  6. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ

Mmkay this was an extremely old post, I now have a muzzle for my own dog and know how and why they are used. I had NO idea really old posts from Dogsey were going to be carried onto here. Kind of... threw me for a loop.
  7. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Azz likes this.
    Well Frankie believes he's the best mutt in his world ;)
    [​IMG]
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Azz likes this.
    This one

IMG_0215.JPG

will fight Frankie for that!
  9. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    He fights dirty ;)
  10. FairyToes

FairyToes New Member

Name:
    Jean
    Azz likes this.
    Hah, these are some CLASSY and beautiful mutts. I rescued a teensy little mutt from a ditch. The vet said she couldn't be more than 11 or 12 weeks old, maybe younger, confirmed my suspicion that she'd been abused. She was the BEST dog, small, but a fierce guard dog, loyal companion, immensely helpful in many ways. She lived to be 20 1/2 years old. Phoebe, the Wonder Dog….

Attached Files:

11. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Wow that's quite an age Jean. Well done for rescuing her :)
  12. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Azz likes this.
    I've got two more mutts in contention for "best mutt"
    Nigredo... captain puppy of the mutt patrol squad
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Jade... queen dramatic of the mixed dog commitee
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And of course... my late Brownie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Stunning mutts guys :049:
  14. suey

suey New Member

Name:
    Sue
    Anne and Azz like this.
    Here is our last rescue Honey who we had from July 1991 till 2002 2010_0901pics2sd0044.JPG
  15. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    Azz and Anne like this.
    here are chuk and katie. chuk is a lab/aussie shepherd mix, katie is a yellow lab/golden retriever mix. chuk is my wife karren's dog, 15 years old. she got him as a puppy long before she met me. katie is 4 years old and probably the smartest dog i have ever known. she has taken little brena under her wing, so i am hoping brena will turn out to be as smart as my katie. chuk and katie.jpg
  16. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    i forgot to mention chuk is the black and white dog in the photo, katie is the little golden dog.
  17. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    Azz likes this.
    katie and brena.jpg here are katie and brena resting on karren's lap. brena was only a few weeks old (i think 7 or eight, katie is 4.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  18. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    Azz likes this.
    we had a very scarey experience with chuk last christmas eve. we had left the house for several hours and when we got home chuk was nowhere to be found!!! apparently the back door had been left loose and chuk took off! luckily he was found by the parents of one of our neighbors, and karren brought him home, freezing and covered head to toe with ice, but alive! here is a photo with him and brena when he came home. brena never wants him to leave her ever again.

chuk and brena.jpg
  19. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    well, today is a beautiful day, and since i had already taken katie and brena for a walk i decided to take old chuk out, even though he doesn't normally like to go out. he was great on the leash!! i was surprised! no running, pulling...just a nice sedate stroll down the lane. from now on i will make time to try to take all 3 dogs out during nice weather, although not at the same time. right now i am taking them out for walks seperately, which so far has worked out well, since little katie has a few bad habits i don't want brena to pick up. katie doesn't like people on biucycles, and now and then she'll pull to chase a car. luckily the older she gets the less she does this, but i still won't let her off the leash. brena, being a type of hound breed could catch a scent and be gone! so i don't take my dogs off lead, but if we had a nice piece of property where they could run i would love to. but never so close to the train tracks and highway.
  20. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
    Very scarey, thank goodness your neighbours found him.
  21. kylie

kylie New Member

Name:
    julie
    Loving all the pictures :)