Wow! That's a lot of Doberman puppies! Rescue

Discussion in 'Dobermann' started by 6JRT's, Jan 26, 2015.

1. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    LMost and Azz like this.

Wow! That's a lot of Doberman puppies!

untitled.png

http://metro.co.uk/…/rescue-dog-gives-birth-to-a-record-14…/

A rescue dog who was described as being ‘possibly pregnant’ has given birth to a British record 14 Doberman puppies.
    Dog lover Zara Hayes spent £450 on two-year-old on Keela after seeing an advert on a sales website – which said she might be pregnant – because she feared she and her puppies would be exploited.
    The 42-year-old, who owns dog rescue company Yappy Ever After, in Arnold, Nottinghamshire, said Doberman puppies are often sold for over £1,000.
    Zara then rehomed the pregnant pooch with foster parent Cat Davis, 33, in Cardiff at the end of October last year.
    Vets told them Keela was expecting just five or six pups so they were stunned when she gave birth to a litter of 14.
    ‘We couldn’t believe it when 14 came out, and on December 14 as well, it was a weird coincidence.
    ‘They have taken over my house and my life, there isn’t much space left that isn’t taken up by dogs.’

Mum Keela
    mum.png

basket full of puppies
    14 puppies.png
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Eeek - dey are gorguss!
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Lovely pups’ but what a responsibility finding the right owners for so many pups which will grow up needing lots of exercise and brain stimulation.

Don’t know why the media are calling it a ‘Rescued dog’ as she bought it through an advert on-line
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I love the chocolate coloured ones x
  6. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Cute puppies.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    The Yappy Ever After home is roughly 8 miles away from The Rescue Home, (looks a bit run down but their dogs are well cared for) not been able to confirm if Keela has had 14 puppies as no one answering their phone. x
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Keela? According to other reports the bitch was called Gina. Same photographs. Same "story". Different owners though. And different dates of birth. :102:
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Have read somewhere that the puppies are to be placed through the rescue at £250 each - their standard donation fee.
  11. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Call me cynical but I wonder if she bought the bitch realising the pups would bring money for the rescue then sell story to media hoping lots of potential owners would come forward
    Looks like they only started up last year and rely on fosterer's (quote Louise said: "We tend to stay away from pens, as some dogs who have had a troubled past don't like being kept in one. “Instead we ask people to foster the dogs and take care of them in their own homes until they can be rehomed." http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Der...ea-make-dogs/story-21315865-detail/story.html

This dosen't look good for them either http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...g_attacks_its_East_Lancs_foster_carer/?ref=mr

https://www.change.org/p/yappy-ever...ting-both-dogs-and-fosterers-adopters-at-risk .
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    @GsdSlave - no you are not cynical. I just looked at the pictures and thought "puppies - gorguss" then I remembered having seen the story last year as it was sent to me as a possible News Article for Dogsey, but when it stated that the puppies "will be ready for Christmas" I decided not to post it.

But that was "ready for Christmas 2014" and as the link in the OP is now not available I cannot check dates or places, but two that I found said the puppies were born in June 2013. So when were these puppies actually born and where? The dates and places do not match. But the photographs are the same.

This article, dated 23 January 2015 says they were born on 14 December, presumably December 2014 and not in June 2013 as the other articles say.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ives-birth-14-PUPPIES-close-sleep-basket.html

Actually nothing really matches, does it. :017:
  13. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Found out on the Yappy Ever After Facebook page that they have moved, but don't say where to.
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Oh dear! There is definitely something doubtful about this news item. I felt that it sounded an odd tale at the start, but you don't like to feel negative when it concerns a rescue organisation. Most of them deserve all the help we can give, but that Inside Out South programme gave us an example of how some of these rescues might be operating.
    I hope poor Keela/Gina gets a stable home, she has earned it, and the puppies find properly - vetted homes too.