Yes, well... General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Yes, well...

...I telephoned Mikaël for some fish and for turkey necks [the latter cut in half]. He has just brought me a couple if kilos of fish and a couple of kilos of chickie flappers. Which he had brought me [the chickie flappers] last week so I have a goodly supply..

No problem - enough freezer space, and I did want the fish - but I wanted turkey necks. Only he forgot. Typical of such a nice guy.

If only I could go and buy what I want, but I am so grateful to have things delivered to me. And Tikva does not care if she cannot get turkey necks. If it is food it is FOOD. .But she will be so happy to have a fishy for brekkie tomorrow as she really likes them. Even though they 'ave 'ad their 'eds chopped off,
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Ed has never liked raw fish, and usually tries to roll in it, (her ladyship will eat anything but mushroom and flat lettuce). However, I found some slightly freezer burnt mackerel fillets in the freezer last week, and he loved it! I was on pins waiting for a greasy result the following day, but all was well, so it looks as if we have a new addition to the menu.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am not sure what these fish are. Larger than large fresh sardines but minus heads and have fins cut off. I would have prepared them heads and fins on for Tikva but she does not care. Not gutted though which is fine for Tikva as I like her having everything whole.. They actually come frozen, although loose frozen, and Tikva loves them.

Fishy for brekkie tomorrow eh Tikki?

At the moment I cannot face packing individually to freeze the chicky flappers so those can wait until tomorrow. But when I think that I used to buy 5 kilos or even 10 kilos of raw chicken etc for Pereg, a mere 2 kilos for Tikki is not really that much. Especially as I will cook some in a slow cooker for myself.

Whether it is because Tikva is used to being raw fed or not, she has never poo'd out a nasty.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Apologies for all the typos. I meant "preferred" and not "prepared" - but looking through my posts I lately seem to be doing this all the time.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Ahem. The two kilos of fish, whatever they are, weighed at 3.5 kilos. Oh well... My neighbour says they are horrible but you tell Tik that.

And the chickie flappers? I just unpacked them ready to pack individually and freeze? They are not. Some are. I think, the half of the large end of turkey flappers, but most are ginormous and I think they are turkey thighs. As if Tikva would care but they are much too big for a little girl. Not two kilos either, but hey ho, I will put the smallish ones into Pereg's freezer for Tik and the rest I will keep in my freezer to cook for myself. One of the advantages of having to buy Tikki's food from my poulterer [no raw food for dogs available here] is that what I bought for Pereg and now Tikva, is that we both eat the same things. Hers raw, mine cooked.

What on earth Mikhaël thought he was doing - I know he does not speak English but my Ivrit is fine for ordering and I know I asked for turkey necks cut in half. Oh well, everything is now packed and in my big freezer for fast freeze. The fish, which came frozen, is in Pereg's freezer. It has all been individually frozen so did not need to be separated and packed individually.

Problem. I need more freezer space for turkey liver and am not sure how I am going to find it. Also running out of ox lung, which she adores.