Yorkshire Terrier Discussions

Discussion in 'Yorkshire Terrier' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    Hi Mary, so nice to see more pictures of your adorable three:) Looks like your flowers are in bloom or is that last year?

Insomnia, I meant to mention you are as cute as a button too, an absolutely beautiful young lady.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. marygiles

marygiles New Member

Name:
    Mary
    Oh Yes! That is this springs daffodils. We got Amber in August last year so these are the first she has seen in our garden. I have lots of little fenced off areas so when I am working in the garden --I know where my dogs are. Amber is sitting in the sun by the gate that leads to my greenhouses. Mary
  4. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    Do we have any new Yorkshire Terriers?
  5. marygiles

marygiles New Member

Name:
    Mary
    Yes! How remiss of me ! I now have George. He was handed into a rescue as his owners were moving abroad they said! He was very poorly indeed with a collapsed trachea and when he was handed in he had a bad chest infection! He was said to be 9 years old but ort vet thinks possibly older. He has not a tooth in his head.The rescue are supporting his medicines and I am looking after him for as long as is possible as one of their sponsor dogs! He will live out his retirement with my four small girlies!
    He is a lovely chap and we are becoming so fond of him!
    here he is in the garden. He does not have a lot of hair on his body so he is wearing a T-shirt .Mary
    [​IMG]
  6. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Yeesss! my Terror joined me in June. She is 6 months now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A cracking little dog...I'm smitten!
  7. lilypup

lilypup New Member

Name:
    Claire
    labradork she is the cutest little bundle ever! :007:
  8. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Thanks!! :grin:

She really is a very easy little dog...like a big dog in a small package!

I never thought I'd love having a small dog but I'm now a convert. :)
  9. Wanda

Wanda New Member

Name:
    Wanda
    Mary, your little George does so remind me of my Minnie Gremlin - no teeth and no body hair, it all sounds so familiar. For a photo of Minnie, see "Gone but not Forgotten". Bless his little cotton socks.

And Labradork, your little girl, whose name you haven't disclosed yet, is beautiful.

It is true that Yorkies are big, big dogs in tiny, tiny bodies. They are truly wonderful.

I'm getting broody!!
  10. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    Mary, she is just precious. Thanks for the pics.
  11. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    George how lucky you are to have found Mary. He is adorable!!
  12. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    Wanda, George does look like Minnie Gremlin. How are you doing, I think of you so often. Hugs
  13. Wanda

Wanda New Member

Name:
    Wanda
    I'm OK Buzzie, but miss my little old girl.

Thanks for your thoughts.
  14. marygiles

marygiles New Member

Name:
    Mary
    I think my lovely George looks a bit like a meerkat -----the one in the Tv advert!
    [​IMG]
  15. Hevvur

Hevvur New Member

Name:
    Heather
    Awwww, he does lol
    He is so cute though!
  16. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Yorkie peeps,

When did your Yorkie get his or her first haircut? Tilly is 6 1/2 months now and getting pretty hairy, especially around her face. I have to keep cutting the bits around her eyes.
  17. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    No one has given you a reply as yet:) Oh dear, the breed sections aren't very active but Yorkies seem better than most.

I'm sure your yorkie has had a cut my now or trim and the sooner they get used to a groomer if you are going to use one is probably the better. I'd love to see a picture. I was just going to post to see if we had any new yorkies on the site.
  18. Kopek

Kopek New Member

Name:
    Lyn
    I used to cut my Yorkies hair at least once a year when the weather started to get warm. They all looked like puppies again and it was much more practical than having long hair that gets knotted.
  19. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
  20. Joannewsd

Joannewsd New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Hi all
    One of our Yorkies that me and Mum had, was called Snatch, she had two big litters, one of 8 pups and one litter of 9 pups all of them lived, her litter sister who we also had was called Snitch, she had two litters of pups one of 7 and another litter of 8.

My mum currently has the 4 yorkies that we both co owned with her, Jazz who is nearly 12, her son Thomas who is 9 yrs old and grandaughter Rhia who is about 6 years old, We also have Rhia's mom Kaios who is 10 years old, Jazz is the boss, even of mine and hubby's working collies when we visit, Jazz once kept 3 Std Poodles we had then and one collie on the top of the stairs, they wouldn't move because everytime they did, she told them off, Jazz ended up been put in another room so they could come down stairs, Jazz was only 9 mths old at the time. She also adored to play with Newfies and other big dogs at obedience shows as a youngster
    Joanne WSD
    and hi Jodee
  21. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    Joanne, those are the largest litters, I have ever heard of in yorkies. How large are the dams:?: Standard calls for no more than 7 lbs. WOW, that's alot to nurse at once or even in shifts.