What do you do? Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Aug 3, 2018.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I would say buy a new mobile BUT they are getting so hard to find payg with a decent screen size. Everybody seems to have these iPhones - I only use a phone to speak or text, and I'm sure I wouldn't know how to work an iPhone!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    And that is the problem. I have a perfect LG but Pelephone stopped using the service. I can still keep the numbers and can find them but it cannot work as long as it is charged.

I do NOT want a smart phone, even though Pelephone offered one in replacement for the LG but could not transfer the numbers and even the smallest is too big for me, and I have no idea how to use them.

So bought my lovely little flip top Alcatel. Payed for and with a minimum monthly charge for unlimited calls. Only problem is that Pelephone still say they cannot get a new battery so it means charging it up for a few hours daily. Az Mah - So What.

For emergency use it may be little but it it is worth its weight in gold
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Oh, and I have given Amit a key to my home,
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    The battery on my little pink (2004) Nokia slider is also getting a little tired. It lasts for 3 or 4 days if I leave the phone switched on. Chas tells me that you can get replacement batteries for discontinued phones online, but there is usually a p&p charge to be added to the price.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The problem is that only Pelephone services and uses this Alcatel. The same as it did to the LG.

If Pelephone stops service for Alcatel I will have no choice but to end up with a most disliked and unwanted smart phone. And so far I cannot find a replacement battery for my little Alcatel because Pelephone have never had them. So why sell a mobile when they know they cannot sell new batteries for it?

It is not just a few days for the battery - I switch it off on Friday before Shabbat begin and do not switch it on until I surface on Sunday morning - it then needs re-charging. And it needs charging every couple of days. I also switch it off every evening because I know the battery will pack up, so I really do need a mobile. After all, what if there is a power cut so I have no landline telephone?

So if I fall between Friday and Sunday with no emergency buttlon and Tikva is closed in her crate? Or at any time my mobile is not fully charged?

I do not do text and if my Alcatel is on charge I cannot keep it with me all the time.

No emergency button. No mobile. No landline. And Tikva shut in her crate and nobody to contact?

Who would know?
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Guess who has arranged for a new emergency service which will be fitted tomorrow? Yeah, the Knight in Shining Armour and I have no idea why he wants to help me. He just does. And it makes me want to cry. And it is needed to know what my Hebrew name is. Because only my English is on my ID card and my passport. And no, even though I am known as Juli that is not on either. And I cannot be laid to rest under either. Only my Hebrew name. Yehudit bat Gimmel Leah. Yehudit, daughter of Gimmel Leah.

I have to show him where my Will and PoA are to contact them - he already knows where to contact Ram, my vet, and Aviyatar at the pension for Tikva.

So much to get sorted out and so much more to sort out now before it it too late.

I hope and pray that it is not too late.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Glad all has started to get sorted.

Of course it is not too late - lots of fight in you yet!
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do know what I am doing Carole. That is why I paid a lot of money for a Will that my children cannot fight. They can not. - worded legally to state that. And that why I had a Power of Attorney drawn up. The people who are my PoA are also the executors and sole - umm - what is the word? Who can benefit. They know what I want and I trust them.

Silly I might be but stupid I am not. And no way will they benefit.

So why is Amit helping me? I love him like I loved his mother, and I trust him like I trusted her.

I do know what I am doing and want to make sure that I do know what I am doing before I go bananas.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Incidentally Amit is neither one of my executors, beneficiaries [what little I have but that includes every thing in my home] nor is he mentioned in my Power of Attorney.

You get to my age and you have to think. And think again.

And to make sure everything is 100% - not just for me but for Tikva.

And how can I be layed to rest under the name as I am known by as Juli when my ID card and passport [and birth certificate] call me Gillian when my Hebrew name is Yehudit bat Gittel Leah? Gittel, not Gimmel - sorry Mother.
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Chris B likes this.
    Sorted! New emergency service speaker/amplifier will be fitted and connected early tomorrow morning. I do not know how good their service is but if it is good enough for Amit, it will be good enough for me.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Except Amit turned up to check where the speaker/amplifier will be and be connected to the electricity and to the telephone, and I forget that telephone number because it was originally for my fax machine before I had a computer. It is permanently switched off so it does not ring for incoming calls and alike my regular phone, which is registered as unlisted, it is still listed. I can use it for outgoing calls if necessary but I have no idea what the number is.

And now Amit is worried why I want to get my things sorted out.
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    No good. The new emergency service speaker/amplifier can hear me but can not hear me answer. So instead of asking if I wanted a doctor they automatically send an ambulance. But I cannot hear them so how can I answer them?

New service is now cancelled.