Two against one... General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.

Two against one...

Two against one
    is ever such fun
    when two
    are huge
    the other
    a little one
    and the big ones
    take one look
    and
    just want to run!

Tikva was curled up in her nest on the couch when she suddenly flew outside screeching - and the two huge dogs which were on the patio, could not get away quick enough. They were too scared to go past her so they jumped over the wall [one tripping in the process and landing in the mud] to get away, and were last seen legging it down the road. No idea who they belong to - no collars so probably dumped.

The stray that she saw off in August was never seen again, but the Local Authority dog catchers have been round a few times since then, so hopefully these two [and the other loose dogs] will be picked up before too long.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I hope the two dogs do have a home to go to. With the worries over rabies, parkworm, and the like, I would prefer my dogs to send them off too.
    How does your LA deal with stray dogs? Is it similar to what happens in most areas of the UK, or are they put down if they are not claimed within a set time?
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    There are no LA shelters, just a pound which does not keep unclaimed dogs very long.

Nir lost his dog during the last Gaza war as it was terrified by the sirens and booms and ran off. He drove round everywhere, checked the pound and all the vets in his area. His girl was wearing a collar with tags, and even if she had lost it she was microchipped. He never did find her. :090:

Because this Moshav is the nearest one to town, unwanted dogs are dumped here. It happens all over the Country - unwanted dogs are dumped on the nearest Moshav, Kibbutz, or army base. And too many people do not bother with even basic puppy shots, which is why I never complain about what it costs me for yearly boosters and rabies shots, or the three-monthly Parkworm shots and Bravecto for fleas and ticks.

Anyhow, Tikki flew out of the door screeching. Not her "go away" barking, but a very threatening screech. And they could not get away quick enough!
  5. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    “ Legging It “ wow, I haven’t heard that in a long time !
    The world is full of un wanted, stray, unloved dogs, it’s so so sad
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Especially in this part of the world. SIGH
  7. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Good for her protecting her space, and the other dogs new they were intruders
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    They have just been back and were half way down the ramp when Tikva noticed them [she was outside checking the yard in case there was any dog mail for her] so they quickly turned and legged it again.

Yesterday it was bucketing down with just a few brief minutes respite and Tikki had been indoors most of the day, although I had the door slightly open. But they obviously could not see her, hence coming right down to the patio outside the door, at which point she barrelled out and sent them on their way. Today [so far] it is cloudless and very sunny, so she was outside but being engrossed in something she did not see them immediately.

One looked like a large chunky Rottweiler, the other one was taller and was a scruffy long-coated tan GSD-type shape, but of course they could have been anything. However, whatever they are, they definitely did not want Tikki-the-tiddler going for them again!