New owner General Chat

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by BronsonTheBulldog, Aug 25, 2017.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I agree. There is no sight sadder than a bottle with only one measure left. You never know whether to drink it or save it.
    (Of course I drink it!)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    Of course, it's the law! :D
  4. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Hmm, well I guess that’s why I don’t drink anymore... but it didn’t matter how much was left, because it was always none by the time I was done. Please have one for me!!!
  5. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Please share...

20190122_154416.jpg
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Another, (unconfirmed as yet), case at Hollingworth Lake, Rochdale, this week.
    The best protection is said to be rinsing the mud off your dog's feet.
  7. Mercy23

Mercy23 New Member

Name:
    Mercy

No advice but I would love to own one someday, they seem so friendly and silly! I was worried about health issues though so I went with a different breed. Cannot wait to see more pictures! I follow a few in IG hahah they’re adorable.
  8. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    Always got little man into the habit of coming in from walks and the garden and cleaning them before he tries to lick them himself!
  9. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Secret squirrel has once again taken control.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    [​IMG]

for you Gareth.
  11. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Guess who wanted to play hide and seek without informing me first?
    20190115_231556.jpg
  12. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Well this is truly the week from Hell. I've been layed off in work, my mother has had a heart attack, it's 12 years today since I buried my father, i lost my daughter during childbirth, my birthday is tommorow and my daughter who I've not seen in nearly 10 years, is 15 on Sunday. So I think it's time to open a bottle!
  13. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    As someone who used to drink too much I’d suggest hugging your dog and taking him for a walk instead. I just passed 4 years sober a few days ago
  14. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    I can't do it. I nearly died last year, after falling in the snow and had to be resuscitated because I was trying to get to my Babygirl. It just makes me think, what's the point?
  15. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I am very sorry to hear about your mom, I hope she is feeling better soon. I recently had a job that I liked end, I’ve had to take another job that doesn’t pay as well and that I don’t enjoy as much until I find something better. I just got back from a short trip to visit my father who got a very severe infection in his leg and had been getting antibiotics through a picc line. He was went to the hospital on January 18th, the next week he was moved to a rehab facility, and he gets to finally go home Saturday.

I could go on and on with all the stuff I’ve had to deal with, but my point is that we all have to face adversity, and a bottle may help you forget for a short while but won’t fix anything. I too have felt like what’s the point... it’s a scary feeling. I have dogs that are very hard to rehome, so when I re-upped with new dogs it was like a commitment to stay around for another 10-15 years, because they need me as much as I need them. I can’t tell you what the point is, but at least for now your mother probably needs you
  16. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    She survived without me while I lived away in another country for many years and my first dog I had had to be rehomed when my and my partner split up, so I thought if I can survive another 10 years at least for my little man, then after that it won't matter. But now all this is happening and I wonder why I bother to carry on?
  17. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I know it feels overwhelming today but tomorrow is another day
  18. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I started drinking in 5th grade, and continued for 40 years. I have anxiety, depression, ptsd. If I can do it so can you.
  19. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Or drink as you like but please don’t do anything you can’t take back. Your mom my have survived while you lived in another country but she now has to recover from a heart attack, stick around for her, if not for yourself.
  20. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Have all the same and so much more I can't talk about.
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Gareth, I am so sorry to hear that you have so much bad stuff happening at present. Believe me, everybody has their own share of sadness and pain to cope with, and maybe this is why our dogs are so much more important to us than they are to the average dog owner! Life can be so unfair, and it is hard to carry on fighting when nothing seems to be going well.
    Your Mum needs you, and Mr. Bronson needs you to be strong at this time, so do try to just tackle your problems one at a time. Sometimes you can't do anything to change what has happened in the past, you just have to regret it, and lock it away in a mental cupboard till the time is right. There are people who care about you, and if you feel low, you are always welcome to let it out with us. Tomorrow is a new day, play a little of your music and try to get some sleep.