Cattle dog pet toys General Chat

Discussion in 'Australian Cattle Dog' started by Heather Goodwin, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Heather Goodwin

Heather Goodwin New Member

Name:
    Heather Goodwin

Cattle dog pet toys

Hi y’all!
    I have a beautiful 8 month old Blue Heeler. She loves stuffed animals, but destroys them in a few hours! Any recommendations on sturdy, stuffed, squeaky toys? She also loves the squeak!

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I have pretty good luck with “fluff and tuff”. I have 2 Akitas. Amazon has them
  4. Tim Stafford

Tim Stafford New Member

Name:
    Tim Stafford
    CaroleC likes this.
    Kong products I've found to be the best. One toy has last well over eight years! The Kong "wubba" is a particular favorite, kinda looks like an octopus. Eventually they manage to get the very tough outer canvas off but after that they get several years of fun with the hard rubber core. If that's not enough check out their line of "Tough Kong".
  5. Rick McC.

Rick McC. New Member

Name:
    Rick
    My Heeler can destroy any fluffy toy almost instantly.

There are strong yet lightweight “rubber” toys that we originally found at the local Pet Supermarket, but have had to find online for the last couple of years. They can eventually get pieces off (Kyrie’s co-conspirator is a mini-Australian Shepherd named Willow), but the toys hold up well, and due to their light weight, are less likely to cause damage when used to play fetch inside. Kyrie like to catch them about five feet above the floor, as she’s doing a back flip. So, when she has a miss that bounces off her nose; it can build up quite a bit of velocity.

Tough toys are a must; those dogs could tear the feathers off a brass duck.
  6. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    949B65E7-54C6-431F-A12A-797C4283BDBD.jpeg I don’t buy the expensive toys, I make sure my pup has quite a few though and he knows they’re his.

also bones from the butchers.

this way he is happy and not bored.

if one of his squeaky unicorns or so gets destroyed I just pick up the pieces.

his big teeth are through now , so he is chewing less toys up.

The second hand shop makes these plaited rags with tied ends which he loves playing tug of war with.

they only cost 20cents each.

Attached Files: