Need help determining age Questions

Discussion in 'Miniature Pinscher' started by Buddypackiels, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Buddypackiels

Buddypackiels New Member

Name:
    Karen

Need help determining age

i adopted a min pin who was a runaway. Trying to determine his age. One vet said 2, one said 5. He has some gray in his beard. Does this indicate age or could it be his coloring.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Chris B likes this.
    What a happy looking little boy :) As my last three all came to me as very young puppies [two mutts at ~6 weeks old, and my current little one, who is a Dachshund/Minpin cross, was only 3 weeks old] all had a little white patch, which spread. The first one had it on the edge of her chin, just under her lip, the second one [shown in my avatar] had a little white patch on the side of her nose. And Tikva was the only pup in the litter of eight with a little white patch on her face, also just under her chin!

I would have no idea whether it is a sign of how old your boy is or whether it is just a part of his colouring - I assume that both vets checked his teeth as that could possibly give some idea.

Anyhow, welcome to Breedia :039:
  4. Bill Peter Erickson

Bill Peter Erickson New Member

Name:
    bill erickson
    speaking of teeth, i was told my dog is one year old. my vet took a look in her mouth and said based on the amount of tartar in her teeth she's more like two years old.
  5. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    Unless your dog has had a really poor diet, I would believe the vet.
    One year old teeth are usually very clean and white.