What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I can fully sympathize with you about the smoke because last fall the smoke was horrible from a huge fire about 200 miles north of me. Our air quality was worse than Beijing China, for weeks. The haze and odor hung in the air for weeks, and I didn’t walk the dogs either because you could feel it in your lungs even when hiding inside... I hope it clears out soon.

Here it’s been much cooler than normal, 60’s, and mostly overcast for last few weeks, with a fair amount of rain. Almost 6 inches in the last 10 days. Unusual weather for us this time of year.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Just looking back on this thread, at the beginning of this month it was freezing and bucketing down with rain. What happened between then and now?

Regarding the bonfires for Lag B'Omer, there are just a very few places on this Moshav where they are allowed, and are always supervised. Close as we are, we were not hit by the incendiary balloons. It was further away that there were problems - some people just do not listen to government warnings and advantage was taken regarding the balloons. But we were still on alert to be evacuated.

Been there, done that, got enough tee shirts etc. And for far worse than fires.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    a5768f5a71668807aecdd061100f314b.jpg
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    I know the feeling...
    [​IMG]
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    It's not been too bad here with the heat as we've had an off-shore breeze, but still too hot for me. It was drizzly rain up until about 11 am today and cloudy until about 3 pm when the sun put in an appearance.

Tomorrow is forecast cloudy all day which suits as my sister and daughter are coming over for the day so we will be out with them for about 5 or 6 hours and too hot would have finished me off :)
  7. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Perfect weather for cycling!
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I thought it was hot. Well it was.
    https://tinyurl.com/yysq4ydg

I am NOT looking forward to my next electricity bill.
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Good heavens. How do the farm animals cope?
    (I hope the Swedish Extinction Rebellion girl doesn't get to hear about that!).
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    No idea I am coping and glugging water non-stop and I am still thirsty and my mouth hurts.

I keep filling Tikva's water bowl and she is drinking a lot.

And it is hot.
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I hope it cools down for you soon. The weather seems to have broken here, and it looks like being a wet weekend for our breed club show.
  13. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Been raining here and has cooled down a bit, hope it stays dry and not to hot next week as were off on holiday.
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Are you going anywhere nice Vee? I cannot remember the last holiday I had, always camping [and always hard work] - probably the last one was in France. and the weather turned nasty on the last night we were there.

Diabolical channel crossing.
  15. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Only going for a week so not going to far this time, heading towards Tintagel for couple of days then working our way down to going to see some friends near port Isaac, and then work our way back.
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Three months later...

...it is now the first day of the Festival of Succot, when we start praying for rain. Hopefully not long now as it is still bdooly

[​IMG]
  17. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I believe so. One of my Facebook 'friends' in Israel showed a photo of her car's thermometer this morning, 42°C!
  18. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Wowzer that sounds way too hot
    I’m in the South of France and we have had a couple of days of similar temperatures
    Things have cooled down somewhat
    I’m bracing myself for a trip to UK on Friday to have a long weekend with my sons.
    I’m going this weekend as I want to be back home before ...dare I say B day, I’m not sure how the initial affect Brexit will have ...fingers crossed for a safe passage
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is too hot and it has been going on for too long. It is very difficult to sleep even with the a/c on, and my body does not like extreme temperatures.

But I cannot really complain when I see the havoc caused by heavy rains and flooding everywhere, and although I was flooded outside and in the shower/loo last winter [not for the first time either] because the sewers could not cope, at least it did not cause any damage.

As for Brexit - who knows what will happen. :102:
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    It looks like the prayers for rain were answered yesterday with a vengeance but with a bad outcome for some people. Where I live it was hot, humid, heavy, overcast, with rumbling thunder in the distance - one almighty clap of thunder [which did not do much for my BP] then about a minute of so of sporadic raindrops, although news came through later and again this morning about flooding in various parts of the country.

The lightening that preceded that clap of thunder struck five young members of a family at Zikim Beach, which is just south of town. Four siblings and the wife of the eldest son, having come from Be'er Sheva for what they hoped would be a nice day out. All rushed to Barzilai Medical Centre in town, a 14 year old boy critically hurt and the young woman still in serious condition.

I did not put the television on to watch the news as enough news alerts were coming through on my computer, including a clip of the emergency services. I know Amit is a big guy but he was towering above all the other emergency personnel.

I will never moan about the weather again.
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Just too close for comfort, both physically in distance and personally seeing pictures and the video clip showing Amit. It is one things seeing him here on his first responder bike with all his gear on knowing he that he is one, but it really brought it close to home seeing him at the site of an accident.