Alaskan Malamute Discussions

Discussion in 'Alaskan Malamute' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd

Nice try Louise :lol:

Mo
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. China

China

Name:
    ruff
    must admit I'm biased to Mals as well
    [​IMG]
    this is Aust Ch Paharey Lotsa Leah(Storm) who was my foundation bitch of Malalaw Kennels
    Storm was 23" at the shoulder and moved like a dream
  4. deefin

deefin New Member

Name:
    diane
    amazingly beautifull dogs thordel i congratulate you ...:)
  5. deefin

deefin New Member

Name:
    diane
    stunning mo you must be extreamly proud of them
  6. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    I was looking at malamutes before I got my NI's they are lovely dogs and I would still love to get one in the future so if anyone can give me any honest useful info about them it would be great, I know they are quite stubborn and can be dog aggressive to strange dogs but thats about it personality wise.
  7. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Hi Deefin, I don't own this breed I just took the first 3 photos :lol: mind you my breed are just as beautiful, just like everyone elses 8)
  8. Hannah

Hannah New Member

Name:
    Hannah
    Beautiful pics I think they are a lovely breed!

I would also be interested in some honest info on what it is like to own a malamutes, and their personalities etc
  9. Jules1

Jules1 New Member

Name:
    Julie
    AAWWWWWW i want one! ;-) :grin:
  10. flow-wolf

flow-wolf New Member

Name:
    jools
    I think my malamute is the best,dont know anyone else with one,so I cant really judge other people's dogs.....mine is so loving,follows us everywhere,very playful,gets on really well with my daughter,she can be a bit boisterous sometimes but she's only 18 months old.

Going through a phase with her at the moment with her chewing things,cant leave nothing around,if we do,she has it....can range from anything from socks,underwear,shoes,slippers and even if we dont leave it lying around she can open my partners bedside cabinet :shock: lol,he's not impressed hehe.

Oh and there is the moulting,mine sheds her hair twice a year and literally everything is covered in her hair...be prepared for a lot of hoovering...and also do u have a large fenced off garden? My dog loves to dig holes everywhere :roll:
  11. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd
    Some of the latest pictures of my Mals.

Mal Meeting
    [img-big]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/icescape/100_1288.jpg[/img-big]

Let us in will ya.
    [img-big]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/icescape/100_1282.jpg[/img-big]
    Bailey needing some loving from our Stephanie.
    [img-big]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/icescape/100_0186.jpg[/img-big]

Mo
  12. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd
    And a few more lol.
    Timber half asleep
    [img-big]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/icescape/100_0198.jpg[/img-big]

Savannah
    [img-big]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/icescape/100_0200.jpg[/img-big]

Mo
  13. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
    hi mo you have lovely dogs.Beautiful pics,do you know barbara stanier,i have known her for ages.I am hoping to get my next husky or maybe malamute from her .
  14. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd
    Yes I know Barbara, very nice lady,

Mo
  15. Mel

Mel New Member

Name:
    Melody
    Lovely pics of the pack Mo :)
  16. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

Some lines/breeders are known to produce dogs with good temperaments, even towards other dogs. You just need to do your research :)
  17. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

Very nice lady, lovely dogs with fantastic temperaments :)
  18. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd

Do you have malamutes or sibes Greyhawk? could not see what breed you have on your intro lol. only asking as you know Barbara too lol.

Mo

Mo
  19. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    They all look stunning, I love Savannah's face markings.
  20. joey1101

joey1101 New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Hi guys I’m a newbie here and I’m hoping for some advise for my malamute BEAR he is about 10 years old .i have had him since he was 9 weeks old . He is my beautiful big boy .Bug the last 12to 18 months gd has been suffering with some sort of skin allergy along with constant ear infections , don’t get me wrong I will spend whatever money to help my boy , but the vests haven’t been able to help clear this up once and for all . can any one help me pleaaasse . He weights 57 kg and he’s a very big dog in size . He has had a bad day when his body was inflamed and in between his paws were bleeding . I’m starting to worry that my baby is in constant pain and I can’t fix it for him . He is currently on apaquill , tablets at first , now a needle some times 1 a month. Can anyone help
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Hello Jo, welcome to Breedia. Has Bear had a blood test to check his thyroid level? If you Google Malamute Skin Problems, you will find some quite drastic cases. A very common link seems to be hypothyroidism.