Do all frenchies make those silly sounds? General Chat

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Felicia Eason, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Felicia Eason

Felicia Eason New Member

Name:
    Felicia

Do all frenchies make those silly sounds?

We have a 16wk old frenchie who we have had a month now. We are wondering if all frenchies make those silly sounds we see on youtube videos? Crying, whining, howling, and one I just can't put a name to yet. Our frenchie only barks. Which is usually at night when we put him in Crate. The rest of the day he is pretty quite besides when he is snoring. If all frenchies make these sounds does this mean he is not happy? He seems playful and happy to us or is this something that comes natural as he gets older?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Felicia - how is your little Frenchie getting along? Regarding the 'silly sounds' you talk about, I think that maybe when some people see their dog - whatever breed - doing something/anything they think is 'interesting' they video it and put it on YouTube. Other people see it and think "oh, my Frenchie/whatever does the same thing/makes the same noise/sits or lays in that particular way/etc" so they then video it and put it on YT.

And YouTube, naturally, will put them all together... so other owners of whatever that breed is tend to expect that their dog will do the same.

But all dogs are different, even those of the same breed and/or from the same litter. Some will do certain things or make certain noises but that does not mean that they all will - just because YouTube has connected the dots. If you understand what I mean.

Your little Frenchie is an individual and he will do/bark/make sounds/sit/lay down/etc in his own way, and I am sure that not all Frenchies make the silly sounds you see them make on YT. Just the ones whose owners video them and put them on YT.