Lameness Questions

Discussion in 'Border Collie' started by Carol Staff, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Carol Staff

Carol Staff New Member

Name:
    Carol

Lameness

how do others cope with lameness our nearly ten year old has arthritis in her nearside knee which is making her limp. Vets perscription caused a bad digestive upset and blood in her poos . We have just started her on Yumove but are nervous it may upset her tummy
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    When I had my guy, he was on Glucosomine and Chondroin with the addition of Green Lipped Mussel - a combination that seemed to work, but these can also cause gastric reactions in some dog so have to be monitored carefully
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I have never known Yumove upset a dog's tummy. Almost everyone I know has used them for their elderly dogs. Some dogs hate the smell of the mussel and have to have it hidden in their food, others will eat the tablets without a problem. I would give them a try, but watch out in case your dog is one of the sensitive ones.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do not think Yumove is available here but used to give Pereg Glucosamine & Chondroiting with MSM, together with Green Lipped Mussel [human supplements] as a preventative and it never caused her any gastric problems. Tikva has a canine Hip and Joint supplement, also as a preventative - she has the basic Level 1 but it goes up to Level 4 for severe problems.

Again, no gastric problems with her either.
  6. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Try CBD
  7. Carol Staff

Carol Staff New Member

Name:
    Carol
    Forgot to mention she is a Border Collie. She is having a bit of other adjusting to the Yumove only having 2 tablets a day and they are slowing her digestion down gone from 3 dumps per day to just one and she is restless thinking she wants to go. Will probably settle down we have only been giving them for two days.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Any new medication can take a few days for the body to act on/react to, so I would suggest carry on with the Yumove for another few days and see what happens. You also have to way up the pros and cons of it, and whether the Yumove is helping her or not.

I do hope that it eases the arthritis and she feels more comfortable.