Hi and HELP!!!!! Questions

Discussion in 'Presa Canario' started by Yvette Flores, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Yvette Flores

Yvette Flores New Member

Name:
    Yvette

Hi and HELP!!!!!

I have a beautiful loving sensitive calm Presa named Brutus . He is not aggressive with people and is the perfect nanny dog ! He loves my kids 1, 5 & 8 and has been very gentle and patient with them ... problem is when we’re not home he destroys everything from my couch to the door frame! I’ve tried crate training and he knows to go in his crate on command , he sleeps in it and has chew toys but the minute the crate door gets closed and we leave he busts out of it ! I have pad locked it and he has gotten through by tearing and bending it apart ! Nothing holds him !!! And it’s important that I am able to safely contain him when we cannot be home with him as he will chew on my things ( only when we aren’t with him) ... any suggestions on stronger crates or a way to get him to stop chewing on things ?!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Madk9kennels

Madk9kennels New Member

Name:
    Mattie
    :):):)https://www.happypawsdsl.com/products/kong-space-saving-double-door-pet-crate

I purchased this crate from Petsmart years ago. It is very durable and lasted through many dogs for me, it is still in perfect condition.
    I’m not sure if this website is reliable but this is exactly what the crate looks like, but my crate is much larger.

Have you tried interactive toys for him while you’re gone? A frozen Kong stuffed with peanut butter or even dog food is a good distraction.

I would also have him spend more time all by himself, even when people are home. The dog needs his confidence built, and some ways to do that are training, play time, ect. I would look up ways to build a dog’s confidence as a good starter:)
    Best of Luck!