New to all this General Chat

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Day dream, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Day dream

Day dream New Member

Name:
    Diane

New to all this

Morning all , I'm new to all this + having a Frenchie my little man is 16 wks old very lovely and cheeky. Toilet training is going well he's eating his poop at times if we don't get to him quickly, was just looking for some help on caring for a Frenchie.. we are feeding him on puppy forthglade the breeda was feeding him twice a day, which he looked well happy and health . I don't know if to stick to the same or 3 times a day smaller amount ? Can we also put in Ava puppy dry food with it only couple of bits ? Also was wondering about pet insurance any help would be great thanks.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Diane, welcome to Breedia from Tikva and me :039:

I cannot find any details about your little man's food at the moment but hopefully someone will be along who can give you advice regarding both his food and also pet insurance - pet insurance being a must if you can get it.

At his age I would still be giving him 3-4 small meals a day, tapering down to feeding him twice a day when he is about 6-8 months old.

What is his name and may we have some photos of him please? :)
  4. Day dream

Day dream New Member

Name:
    Diane
    Hi, thanks for replying and if you do get any information on his food that would be great. That's what the breeder had him on.. his name is Ted , I'm not sure how I put pictures on ? I'm not good with technology we have never had a Frenchie so we are googling all the time we also have a Labrador George he's 7 yrs old,getting on really well ..
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    If Gareth @BronsonTheBulldog or Jeff @Jeff Crook see your post they should be able to give you much more help about Frenchies.

The reason I cannot get any information about the food you have Ted on is because my internet keeps dropping so I am keeping things down to a minimum at the moment, but I am sure someone will come along to help you regarding food. :)
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    The easiest way is to keep him on a line/long lead when outside that way you can use it to correct him as soon as he looks at the poo.with the command ‘leave ‘

let him poo if he turns around to eat it give the command ‘leave and gently but quickly pull him away then reward with toy or food, repeat until he gets the message, also keep your eye on him during a walk for other dogs poo, again as soon as he gets near another dogs poo repeat.
  7. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    As GsdSlave says, lead him to avoid poo eating, and 3 times a day for food will be fine.
    My routine (well little man's) for a while was... 'Eat, Sleep, Poo, Repeat!'
  8. Day dream

Day dream New Member

Name:
    Diane
    Thank you for your help
  9. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    If you have any other questions, and I can answer them to the best of my knowledge, I'll be happy to help as much as I can!
  10. Day dream

Day dream New Member

Name:
    Diane
    Thank you .. I am looking at insurances can anyone recommend one please. I'm looking for life time cover, thanks
  11. Jeff Crook

Jeff Crook New Member

Name:
    Jeff
    Beautiful puppy. Frenchies are the best they are like potato chips once you have one you will want another one.