JRT Harness Questions

Discussion in 'Jack Russell Terrier' started by Philip, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Philip

Philip New Member

Name:
    Phil

JRT Harness

Looking for an harness for my JRT puppy to start training him properly on a lead up and down the garden but I have no idea what size get and what brand. When oreo is an adult I'll be getting a Julius K9 so I'll be looking for one the with the same design as that. I only can find a steel tape measure so I can't really measure oreo proper and the harness oreo as on in the picture is just a cat harness just to get him used to having something on hes body 15 minutes a day under supervision at all times

Thanks all :) 20200405_124305.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Try measuring the cat harness and if necessary adding a little bit to the measurements if it is tight.

I'd normally suggest taking him to a pet shop to try on, but in these times, alas, that's not possible
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    This picture shows the harness that Tikva wears - she is a Dachshund/Minpin cross, not very big and weighs ~6.5kg of rock solid bone and muscle so that might give you an idea of her size, and she wears the XS size harness. She started with an XXS size which is suitable for a smaller puppy.

[​IMG]
    The harness goes round her chest and across the front of her chest, is lightweight but very strong and comfortable. Tikva wears it all the time as during the day she is on a 12m tether and my door is nearly always open so she can go out but not get near the road.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32756125536.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dTo32wg

The harness is adjustable round the chest and the measurements/weights given are very accurate.
  5. Philip

Philip New Member

Name:
    Phil
    I made a paper measuring tape and oreo as a 29cm chest at the moment and I know what you mean Chris with taking him to the local pet shop but with everything what's happening that's just not possible and I've been struggling get in pets at home website just recently and they have a backlog of emails.
  6. Philip

Philip New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Hi malka,

Tikva is one nice looking dog and that harness is just the job looks like Tikva finds it comfortable I'll look in to that now

Thanks
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tikva says Thank You Phil for the nice complement! That picture was taken the day before her 3rd birthday and she will be 5 years old next month. Still the same size harness although probably not the same one. And it must be comfortable because the only time it is taken off is when it needs washing and a clean one put on [she has them in all four colours!], and it does not rub on her skin. It is also extremely strong as when my vet picks her up to weigh her or to do her nails he just hoiks her up by her harness! The matching leashes are all one size and are excellent, although of course you can just buy the harnesses by themselves without the leash.

The XXS size should be fine for Oreo. I do not know what currency came up when you opened the link as when I open it it is set for my country and currency, but on the top line is a flag/language/currency box so you can set your own country/currency choice. If you are in the UK the harness costs £4.05 and the shipping is free.

I have tried various other styles/makes of harnesses for Tikki but since I found this particular one, and this seller, I will never change from it. Tikki is comfortable in it and I like the quality, the style, and the price! :D
  8. Philip

Philip New Member

Name:
    Phil
    I ordered the xxs and xs because it's going take 30 days get to me