CDS help Health

Discussion in 'Shih Tzu' started by Karl, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Karl

Karl New Member

Name:
    Karl

CDS help

Hi folks first post sorry it’s a long one but desperately need advice. Our 11yr old boy was diagnosed with cognitive dysfunction syndrome 6 months ago Which at time just showed as a lot of repetitive behaviour ie circling table for ages staring at wall etc.
    This last 6 week though he has taken to being awake all night if we leave him downstairs he soon starts barking and won’t stop till you go down if we take him up he’ll pace a lot then try to jump on you paw you and acts like he’s not seen you all day very excited.
    My wife is up early for work so I have ended up having to stay downstairs with him.
    If i’m sat up he’ll still pace but occasionally will settle for 30 mins or so but as soon as you lie down he’s back on you pawing and making noises I’ve been told it’s a Further form of separation anxiety Which he does suffer from he has been prescribed canergy to increase oxygen levels to brain but tbh not seen much improvement.
    The last 3 weeks I’ve probably averaged 3hours sleep a day and beginning to feel like I can’t cope if anyone has any advice it would be more than appreciated once again sorry for the long post
    Karl
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!