Labrador - Have you heard of this affix? General Chat

Discussion in 'Labrador Retriever' started by Hevvur, Jun 29, 2005.

1. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    Haha, sorry that just made me laugh a is true in a lot of thread and i've always wanted to say it but always bit my tongue. :mrgreen:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Sorry but I also had a chuckle too, I have had that feeling on so many threads as well, reminds me of an old Alison Moyet song.............
    Oh well back to the labradors....:mrgreen:
  4. paulfletcher

paulfletcher New Member

Name:
    paul
    Sorry to revive this tired thread but couldn't resist adding my twopenneth, albeit despite losing my patience on my last reply to the other forum members, those who found pleasure in making disparaging comments about someone's breeding practices and kennels that were completely unfounded. As per my previous posts regarding the completely unfounded and unproven opinions, slurs defamatory remarks focused upon my dog's breeder I can now, with him at the age of 15 months, confirm exactly what my previous posts said. He is, as my vet said when he went for his booster / health check, "an outstanding example of a labrador" with an "excellent temperament". Me, my wife and our two children have found him to be gentle, boisterous, obedient, mischevious, affectionate and loyal. Everything you could ask for, really. I am currently trying to persuade my wife into us getting another lab, and yes, it would be from the same breeder. I have had dogs all my life, so I have as much right to an opinion as anyone else on this forum and I would once again ask, recommend and advise that if you do not have personal experience of ANY breeder, not just mine, that you do the right thing and do your homework before potentially damaging someone's hard earned reputation. Thank you for reading this rather long post, I only hope that the previous posters have the moral fibre to refrain from replying with inane, pointless arguments. You know who you are.:roll:
  5. vandamoffat

vandamoffat New Member

Name:
    vanda
    Yes i have bought a puppy from graeme barlow at denizes labradors and she has been the best natured and most lovable pet you could wish for. when taking her out almost everyone i meet comments on what a beautiful looking dog she is!
  6. vandamoffat

vandamoffat New Member

Name:
    vanda
    laurenw likes this.
    Icannot agree with you more! our dog molly is the best natured dog we have ever had, our 2 year old grandson absolutely loves her too bits and she lets him pull her around and plays with him all day.I have never heard her growl yet! and she is now 6 years old, everyone absolutely loves her and your dog sounds exactly like her.
  7. rubester

rubester New Member

Name:
    rubester
    hi,
    just wanted to say that i also got my gorgeous lab ruby from denizes. She is 16 months old now and the most loving and friendly dog you could meet.
    Graeme from denizes was brilliant we could ring him at all hours day or night for advice and he always seemed genuinely concerned for one of his pups.
    Lots of people have said ruby must be from good lines as her temprement, health and looks are spot on.
    We will be getting ruby hip, elbow and eye scored in the future just for curiositys sake!!
    Anyway quite a long post really just to say i found denizes to be fantastic and would recommend it on the basis of ruby x
  8. choccolabby

choccolabby New Member

Name:
    Di
    laurenw likes this.
    Hi all! i just wanted to contribute my views on this thread as i am an interested party given that i purchased my dog from Graeme approx 18 months ago. I have a chocolate labrador - as i'm sure my name gives away! We chose Denizes after several recomendations from friends who had also had pups from Graeme. I consider that Graeme provides an all round professional service, he is a responsible breeder and his dogs and pups are fully health checked as per the testimonial from his vet on his web site. Perhaps more importantly the conditions the dogs are cared in are of a really good standard, the dogs have extremely pleasant temperaments as well as discipline.
    I could not be more happy with my dog, i have the most faithful, loyal, loving and fun companion imaginable, she is healthy and robust. If you could see her you would recognise that she is from good stock, everyone comments on her breeding and we have had numerous offers from people who want to breed with her (all declined as she is too young yet).
    When we purchased our dog we were given literature and advice as well as a phone number to contact Graeme if the need arose We had explicit instructions on feeding habits, toilet training and general training needs, nothing appeared to be too much trouble.
    I'm very saddened to read some of the comments made on this thread as they do not in any way reflect the first hand experience i had with Graeme. I'm not going to get into a protracted debate about hip scoring etc because i consider it a seperate issue to some of the other unpleasant comments that have been made on this thread about Graeme and his breeding practices. I would not have purchased a dog from a breeder who i considered to be irresponsible in the way that is suggested i would have reportred to the appropriate authoirities immediately. What i do know is that i would not have the adorable dog i have now if things had not be right in the first stages of infancy.
    I came across this thread when i was looking at Graeme's site to see if there are any pups available. Sorry this is a bit of a long rant but some of the comments in this thread really saddened me, it seems that under the cover of anonymity people get away with making sme outrageous comments. Perhaps i will try and post a picture soon so that you can all see my dog and judge for yourself what a perfect specimen of her breed she is! Di
  9. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    SO the people who got pups from this breeder, did you all get copies of both parents eye tests and hip scores???
  10. laurenw

laurenw New Member

Name:
    laurenw
    so a few years on now.., i discovered this forum while browsing. I got a pup from denzies labs in 2012, she is my pride and joy never had no serious health issues (touch wood!) good hips eyes etc. She has the best personality ever, nobody should dare slate denzies without visiting. Shes not Kennel Club reg but who cares? shes a bloody brilliant dog best dog ive ever had would recommend. She was bred with abby and milo in 2012 beautiful dogs how dare anybody say anything less i have never met such a gentle clever dog in my life she is perfect.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  11. laurenw

laurenw New Member

Name:
    laurenw
    they were good and on the website, my girl has never had anything wrong with her eyes/hips (touch wood)
  12. muddymoodymoo

muddymoodymoo New Member

Name:
    muddymoodymoo
    CaroleC likes this.
    Interesting ....never seen so many new members post in one thread before....hmmmm.
  13. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Could well be explained by the fact that this thread was first started in 2005 - 11 years ago!
  14. muddymoodymoo

muddymoodymoo New Member

Name:
    muddymoodymoo
    But most of the post were clustered towards the end of the thread .7 years ago.
  15. kakif

kakif New Member

Name:
    akif
    Haha. Interestingly, I came across this topic that was opened years ago. :D:)
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello. You just joined and the very first post you have made just says that you came across a thread started sixteen years ago. Do you have anything interesting to add to the topic?