Adult Pom's Teeth Falling Out Questions

Discussion in 'Pomeranian' started by Samadhi's Mom, May 13, 2021.

1. Samadhi's Mom

Samadhi's Mom New Member

Name:
    Vina

Adult Pom's Teeth Falling Out

Hi Everyone,
    I have a 6-year old Pomeranian-Chihuahua mix, and she just lost a lower front tooth recently. I took her to the vet and they said she had loose teeth and needed 4 extractions. She is scheduled for that in a couple of weeks. But now her lower teeth have shifted, and she has lost another lower front tooth.

Has anyone experienced this? Any advice or support is appreciated. I've had different breed dogs my whole life, and never had one that lost their teeth at such an early age - or any age for that matter.

Thanks in advance.
    Vina
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Early tooth loss can be a problem with the smaller toy breeds. Some tinies can even be born with missing or irregular teeth. Regular tooth cleaning will help, but it doesn't always prevent gum disease.
  4. Samadhi's Mom

Samadhi's Mom New Member

Name:
    Vina
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thanks, Carole. I appreciate your insights, as that is the case with my pom-chi. I wonder what can be done to prevent further damage other than teeth removal. The vet told me they will clean the teeth while she's under during the teeth removal. So hard to see a little one have to go through that. Hoping she will find relief and can be more healthy afterwards.