Where's my breed's section!? Info

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Azz, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    Tikva is a crossbreed - that is all. An unintentional cross between a standard Dachshund and a Minpin. Not my doing as neither dam nor bitch belonged to me.

But she is a crossbreed - why should I give her a fancy designer cross name? She is just a crossbreed who does not need a fancy designer name to make her something special. She is herself and no special name will change the fact or make her any more special than she is.,

Just as I post about her in the Crossbreed section, because she is a crossbreed, so because my Little One and Pereg were mutts, I would post about them in the Mongrel section.

A crossbreed is a crossbreed between two known pure-breeds.

My mutts were mongrels as they were of no known origin.

Just because none of them had fancy designer cross names did not make me love them any less,
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Well we will always get requests, but we'll only add those that have become 'established'. If people will want to read about them then we will endeavour to cover them :)
  4. Hubert jacobs

Hubert jacobs New Member

Name:
    Hubert
    Azz likes this.
    basset artesien normand
  5. jonaberns

jonaberns New Member

Name:
    jonaberns
    thanks for the info above does it in clouds all breeds
    rottweilerbreeds.
  6. Joanne B

Joanne B New Member

Name:
    Joanne
  7. molikotigo

molikotigo New Member

Name:
    moli
    the Crossbreeds section but just make sure the breed name is in the thread title for any threads you post - as that way we will be able to easily move
  8. molikotigo

molikotigo New Member

Name:
    moli
    is in the thread title for any threads you post - as that way we will be able to easily move
  9. mic_comte

mic_comte New Member

Name:
    Michael
    Hello,
    My breed, the braque du Bourbonnais is missing. Here is a presentation of it:

Best regards
    Michael Comte
  10. shropshiregirl

shropshiregirl New Member

Name:
    Mary
  11. Courtney Collado

Courtney Collado New Member

Name:
    EskieLuv
    American Eskimo
  12. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    Bull Arab
  13. Catincanada

Catincanada New Member

Name:
    Cat
    I don’t have one but when I went to the T section I didn’t see the Tosa Inu dog breed (a rare and possibly endangered Japanese Mastiff breed.) I don’t know much about it beyond it’s one of if not the biggest dog breed ever topping 200 lbs.
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Probably because Breedia is UK based and the Japanese Tosa is one of the four breeds which are banned over here.
    The others are the Dogo Argentino, the Fila Brasileiro, and the American Pit Bull Terrier.
  15. Catincanada

Catincanada New Member

Name:
    Cat
    Ah that makes sense. Never thought of it possibly being banned because it’s so rare.
  16. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    CaroleC likes this.
    Unfortunately the tosa was specifically bred for no other reason than dog fighting. That is their sole purpose for developing the breed. As far as I know, all other "fighting breeds" were bred for other purposes such as bull baiting, guarding, etc., and dog fighting came from that.

As such, and since dog fighting is legal in Japan, the breeding is still focused on dog fighting. They tend to be very dog aggressive as a result. They have a high prey instinct - so they do not do well other pets, livestock, etc. Running children and adults, cyclists, skaters, etc, can all be viewed as potential pray.

They can also pull up to 3000lbs. That makes them EXTREMELY difficult for even the strongest person to handle them.
  17. Catincanada

Catincanada New Member

Name:
    Cat
    D
    Dog fighting is legal in Japan? I thought all civilized countries had outlawed dog fighting in the 20th century this is news to me. Thanks for the extra info.

There wasn’t any info in the entries in the dog books I’ve read that mentioned Tosas other then a picture and size reference about it’s weight and country of origin note. I thought they were created for the same purpose as the English Mastiff. To guard Rich people’s places and land.
  18. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Yeah, it surprised me also.
  19. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Dog fighting has been banned in the UK since the 19th. century, but sadly it still goes on. I won't elucidate - too distressing.
  20. lauryfriese

lauryfriese New Member

Name:
    lauryfriese
    This is a fantastic opportunity to really educate and dispel some myths re the breed.
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    @Doggyluver5 Breed descriptions and forums for all three of these breeds are there. The Shih Tzu forum has recently been active, but the Maltese and Papillon fora have not had any posts since 2018 and 2020 respectively. If you want these sections to be active - feel free to post on them!