157 grammes General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

157 grammes

Just out of curiosity I decided to weigh Tikva's frozen turkey neck breakfast, and it weighed 157g! That is one rather large chunk of turkey neck, almost as much as Pereg used to have.

So how come the little booga is as skinny as ever?

I do not normally weigh her food, unlike I had to with Pereg to try and keep weight off her. Tikki has the same food, just smaller amounts, and she has a smaller food bowl for her evening wet meal so it gives me an idea as to whether it is the correct amount or not, but a large 157g chunk of turkey neck is rather a lot for a small dog. Most of the pieces of cut up necks are usually a bit smaller, and the very large pieces I keep for myself to cook in a slow cooker. This was one large piece I had obviously missed.

Not that she cares, and as she chombles away and does not even attempt to swallow large bits of anything, and she even once "acquired" a very large piece that I dropped while putting the rest in the freezer.

Ram long ago gave up trying to tell me that first Pereg and now Tikva will either choke on their bone meals... or their GI tracts will be pierced... or the chombled bones will cause a blockage... :p
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!