21 bananas General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Janet likes this.

21 bananas

I only wanted six but could not reach where they were, so asked Hai to please get six not too green down for me. Hah. Apparently there were only very green ones and some very ripe ones, not over-ripe but definitely ripe, which he brought down, said "in your bag or in the rubbish".

Well, what would you have said? :102:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Malka likes this.
    The same as you!
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tikva could smell them as I came in - Tikva lurves nanas! It is not that I cannot afford bananas, but why look a gift horse in the mouth? ;)
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I was going to peel them all [there are a few loose, but most are connected as part of a hand], chunk and open freeze them, but even though the peels are mostly brown they are perfect once peeled.

And Hai was going to bin them? Well he would have done had I not been there, but I know he hates binning stuff so now he said he will call me if there is anything I might like before he has to bin things and send one of his people to bring it over if I am not there. I always put something in either one of the charity boxes if I am at the macolet when I get something for nothing, or in the one I have at home that gets all my small change on a Friday before I light my Shabbat candles, but even so it is still getting something for nothing.

And I am grateful. So is Tikki for the nanas!
  6. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Well done for saving the nanas! I hate any food going to waste.

Don't think any of my dogs have had a taste for bananas. Cherries are very popular (typical that they like an expensive fruit. I don't share them very often!)
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Nanas are Tikki's favourite although she really enjoyed sharing some of the "want them or shall I bin them?" clementines - sweet red peppers are another yum yum - I have not seen any kohlrabi at the macolet [must ask Avner to get me some] as those were Pereg's #1 favourite, and I like them too.

I hate food going to waste and it looks like Hai is the same. Usually he sorts things out on a Friday as he closes early because of Shabbat, and does not open again until Sunday morning. I am not sure which days he gets fresh f&v but he knew already yesterday that the bananas had to go - or bin or me! It has just gone 4.20pm [our clocks have gone forward] and he is in the process of locking up - not before he brought over some not 100% perfect makings for ratatouille.

It is me or the bin and as long as I have refrigerator and/or freezer space and can make use of things, I will accept everything with pleasure.

Saves landfill as well.