3rd eye lid stuck on puppy Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Massaro11, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Massaro11

Massaro11 New Member

Name:
    Mike
    Azz likes this.

3rd eye lid stuck on puppy

I attached a picture below! I got scared the other day because my 14 week samoyed puppies 3rd eye lid was stuck on both eyes. This only lasts 10-20 minutes or so the eyes go back to normal (still a little red on the white part). The next day he was fine and it started back up again! When it happens, he's running, wagging his tail, playing acting completely normal, so he doesn't appear to be in any pain. By the time I get to the vet, his eyes go back to normal. They had no answer for me. Should I get a second opinion? He was outside a lot the day prior so maybe he caught an allergy?

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's and Azz like this.
    Welcome to Breedia Mike. It could be that he picked up some grit or dust in his eyes. You did the right thing in getting him checked by a vet, but if this is only happening for 10 - 20 minutes at a time, I wouldn't worry too much. You could bathe his eyes using cotton wool, and some boiled and cooled water to which a little plain salt has been added, (not table salt).
    Of course, if this gets any worse, becomes sticky, bright red, or starts to persist for longer periods, take him back to the vet.
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    6JRT's and Azz like this.
    Could also be the start of conjunctivitis so keep a close watch on him. If it gets worse, then it's back to the vet unfortunately, but it may just a bit of grit/sand etc in which case Carole's advice is sound
  5. Massaro11

Massaro11 New Member

Name:
    Mike
    CaroleC likes this.
    If it happens again I may need a second opinion. Thank you for your feedback. He's feeling 100% today :)

Attached Files:

6. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    It could be debris if he is running outdoors through brush or it might be an allergen in the eye. It can both the lid & cause red eyes.