40 Schnauzers and 1 Shar-Pei! General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Pork1epe1, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Azz, CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.

40 Schnauzers and 1 Shar-Pei!

Early Sunday morning Georgina and I set off for our first date with the new man in our life. We were supposed to meet Robbie, the breeder in the car park on the university campus but mum was in such a tizz she couldn't find it and was just about to give up and go home when Robbie found us, thanks to a regal looking Miss Pei Face sitting on the back seat.

When we arrived at his farm and I got out of my car the first thing I saw was 12 bearded faces peeking through the front gates. What a welcome I got ... bodies wriggling furiously, tails wagging, kisses galore and the odd nibbling of fingers! Georgina in the meantime had gone to sleep in the car where we decided to leave her as we had so much to discuss. Robbie explained the 12 were his junior mob, all Miniature Schnauzers between the age of 7 and 10 months from different litters and colours. He then introduced me to the other 28, some Giant Schnauzers and some Miniature who were resting in a shaded area. I met Great Grandpa's and Ma's, Mums and Dads Aunts and Uncles all members of his Schnauzer family!

Robbie then introduced me to my new man, whom he'd already pointed out to me but was busy playing rough and tumble with the other juniors. What a heart throb ... our Gwylim the Conqueror! He sat on my knee and after giving me a lick on my nose, tucked his little face under my arm and fell asleep. After talking about diet, grooming and training amongst other things the moment I was half dreading arrived ... his first meeting with Georgina! I was so worried that she'd behave badly and they wouldn't like each other. I got her out of the car, then Robbie's wife brought Gwylim and put him on the ground some feet away from her. He walked up to her, gave her nose a sniff, followed by a single bark. Madame stood still, looked down her nose at him as if to say "Who's this little squirt"? but all the time her tail was waggling madly. He then went off to explore but returned to have a sniff of Georgie's bum, which she had no objections to. She turned round, looked him up and down as if to say "O.K, he'll do, now I've got more important things to do", and wandered off to say hello to Robbie's wife. And that was it!

I was relieved it went so well and Robbie was happy because as he remarked her behaviour was typical Shar-Pei, cool, calm and collected around other dogs. And as for Gwylim he introduced himself perfectly with just the right amount of interest. All I have to do now is pay for him and hopefully next weekend we bring him home ..... Hurray!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Barbara how lovely all those Schnauies, you lucky person it makes me think of my kennel days :)
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    What a wonderful day! It sounds as if it's a match made in Heaven!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    If Princess Pei Face says Gwylim can sniff her bum without complaint...

...I cannot wait for photos of the two of them together! :)
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Puppy breathe coming your way can't wait to see lots of photos of little man.
  7. pugluva

pugluva Member

Name:
    carol
    Can't wait to see puppy photos he sounds adorable.
  8. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    What no photos?! :p :lol:
  9. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Great that Georgina and Gwylim, seem to have hit it off, cant wait for pics x
  10. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Azz likes this.
    As per norm, I forgot I'd put my camera in the glove compartment .... so, sorry Azz ... no photo's.:oops::oops::oops:

I don't know which day we'll be bringing Gwylim home because he still has to be microchipped and his pet passport brought up to date and the vet that Robbie goes to is about 60 miles from where he lives and he's not sure which day next week he'll be able to take him!:(:(:(