6 months today General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by katilea, Sep 22, 2016.

1. katilea

katilea New Member

Name:
    Kate

6 months today

..well it's exactly 6 months today since I lost my beautiful Inca

P1000340.JPG

How do you begin to get over the loss of a partner of 15 years, she worked with me everyday, slept by my side on my bed every night. we had only ever been apart 2-3 nights back in 2013 when I first had health problems and had to go into hospital. ..oh and 1 night away for my brothers wedding back in 2008..that's it.

As much as I love JJ too, he's not Inca he doesn't spend all night on my bed he'll come for a cuddle but then get off and go onto his own bed. I thought with Inca gone he would take over sleeping in her spot if he saw himself as Top Dog after she passed, but he never has ..not once in 6 months.

Strangely he has sometimes jumped on the bed, growled then jumped straight back off, almost like Inca's spirit was there. maybe she is and won't let him have her spot by my side! Maybe she's telling him .."oi, don't get too comfy I'm coming back"

oh and I found out about the doggy spirit pic, after talking to AC (Animal Communicator) again, apparently that was 'Janta' a friend of Inca's who had greeted her on the other side. Inca had asked her to appear to me so I knew she was ok as it was only a week after Inca's passing she wasn't able to do it herself. The AC said Inca was an old soul who had reincarnated many times over many lifetimes. She had been a male in many of her reincarnations but had enjoyed being a female this time and would like to come back as a female again.

So at least I have some hope there for the future, maybe enough to get me through my first xmas without her in 15 yrs, as I wasn't looking forward to xmas this year and wasn't going to bother putting the tree up or anything, but maybe I'll feel differently by the time we get to December.

Anyway I need to find some positive energy for tomorrow as its JJ's 4th Birthday and I want him to have a fun day doing all his favourite things. It will be first time he's had a birthday without Inca here too.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Happy birthday JJ. I hope you find your new Inca soon, Kate.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Kate - you cope. Eventually. Inca will be watching over you and JJ and I am sure that she would not want you to not celebrate JJ's 4th birthday.

Having had to have my beloved Pereg euthanised at just 6 years and 3 months, and after another pup who went missing, I now have a mini monster of a 16 months old cross Dachshund/Minpin.

It does not mean that I do not mourn my Little One, who went forever sleep cuddled up to me after Pereg came into my life.

Nor does it mean that I mourn the tiny puppy who was only with me for 11 days.

My Little One, who is the wallpaper on my computer and a framed photograph on the wall - my beloved angel Pereg who I still use as my avatar.

I miss them both but my love goes to my little Tikva. And she does not sleep on my bed either or she will come up to cuddle and doze at times, but she sleeps in a crate in my bedroom.

I do not think that either Little One or Pereg have come back as Tikva, although she does have some similarities in behavior to Pereg. But she is who and what she is and I love her.
  5. katilea

katilea New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Hi thanks to you both. JJ has enjoyed this morning so far, I'm having to wait in for a delivery so just had a quick run round the block at 6am, I'm hoping delivery comes before lunch time so we have chance to visit the lake this afternoon.

JJ's enjoyed breakfast in his new puzzle feeder and playing with his new ball, going to put his ball pool and tunnels up when the grass dries out a bit more.

[​IMG]

He seems happy enough, I wonder if he thinks about her, he looks deep in thought sometimes. A few times he has appeared to be playing with another dog, holding a toy in his mouth whilst moving it back and forth as if another dog is tugging the other end...odd as its not something he ever did before. He either wants to go in his ball pool or wants me to play ball with him usually.

The other day we were at our bench and this little yellow lab puppy was sat in the middle of the path looking directly at me when I looked up. I said hello and it came galloping towards me with so much enthusiasm, JJ went towards her but she wanted fuss off me and jumped up onto my scooter seat to get higher than him (Inca always made sure she was sat higher than JJ when he first came!) I had such a strong feeling of emotion and spent some time getting kisses off her and stroking her until her owner came up the hill.

The AC had said before Inca had taken opportunity to come over and say hello if there was an off-lead dog near enough that she could do a brief walk-in to have physical contact with me. I hadn't relaised the first couple of times though as none of the dogs looked anything like her. She's confirmed it's happened 3 times recently when Inca's had the energy to do this, she can't do it for long so will be about a year before she can come home for good.

I'm going to save up for another session next year near her original birthday to see if she knows whether she is coming back then. She said it will be a date that is significant to me, not sure whether that means that will be the date she will turn out to be born on or the date she will re-appear in my life as another dog.

so have to wait and see, although Inca was born in March, she was 4 months old when I got her from a rescue centre on 12th July 2001, so I am thinking of visiting the same rescue centre on the same date next year too (unless she's turned up before then).

I can't see what's wrong with trying it, people believe in a god they've never actually seen, or heaven, angels, rainbow bridge, so what's so bad about believing in reincarnation?

If kids can describe past lives (The Ghost in my Child, TV program) and places they've never been to, whose to say a dog's spirit can't reincarnate to return to the person they feel still needs their help?
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Kate - you believe in what your heart wants to believe in. That is important to you whether it is my belief or not. You believe therefore hang on to that belief.

I cannot know or say whether your beloved Inca will come back in another persona but please love JJ for who he is.

And please give him a birthday hug for me and little Tikva. She is her own little person just as I am sure JJ is his own person.

Who knows.

(((Hugs)) from Malka and Tikva xx