7 dogs 3 cats 3 giant rabbits 4 rats 2 foster dogs & brother brings home a ... General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by 6JRT's, Apr 22, 2016.

1. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u

7 dogs 3 cats 3 giant rabbits 4 rats 2 foster dogs & brother brings home a ...

Goat yes he actually bought home a baby goat (kid) he found the goat wandering along the M1 on the grass area by the hard shoulder.
    There's no ear tag or microchip, so have no idea who owns the goat, have postered found goat on the farmers lost/found web site, plus have informed the RSPCA, local councils & all the Rescue Home in the area where brother picked up goat from.
    I must admit I would loved to seen his dog's face when brother put goat in car, has Kula don't get on with other animals.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    I love goats, we used to have a British Alpine called Shandy at one time, but they can have quite a knack for escaping. Is it a boy or a girl? We definitely need a photo Tina!
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    CaroleC likes this.
    Its a head butting goat, boy I think but not getting to close to it to check, black in colour with 2 little stumps for horns x
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    Beware of the smell then - there is no smell quite like Billy goat.
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka likes this.
    Billy the Kid is now at The Rescue Home, I snuck him in when I arrived to open up this morning, he's lot better off at The Rescue Home has I have no idea what goats eat, he had giant rabbit pellets last night, also he's very noisy bleating at 5am this morning not sure what my neighbours thought of the early morning bleating, Billy is now in the farm animals pens (donkeys cows pigs pens) tucking into pigs/donkeys pellets & hay/straw.

Billy the Kid
    25431018-587-640x480.jpeg
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    Billy the Kid is a sweetie. He looks like a Pygmy goat to me. Your best hope is that he is someone's pet - in which case he will be castrated and not very stinky - and he will soon be claimed. Do let us know what happens to him.
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    CaroleC likes this.
    Staff at The Rescue Home have said he's been castrated & dehorned, poor thing no wonder he as two stumps were his horns should be, he's now in a pen with Boris Johnson an white Vietnamese pig (pig was bought as a micro pig by a family, 2 years ago but he grow & grow & grow so big that the family didn't have room for him anymore, so handed him over to us roughly 18 months ago)
    Hopefully someone will claim Billy the Kid soon, as his bleating is very very loud I can hear him still in the back office.
  9. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Billy the Kid who's real name is Elmo is now back home, his owners phoned up yesterday left a message on my answer phone, saying they have lost a kid [I did not state that the goat was kid when I filled the found form page in] when I phoned them back they told me where they lived [which was the area where brother picked goat up from] they told me goat's colour & that he had a little scar on his back leg, bingo colour match so did the scar so this morning they collected him from The Rescue Home.
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    Great news Tina!