A quick NI-BI question

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Jem, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma

A quick NI-BI question

How does a full Northern Inuit become a British Inuit especially if its spent 2 years being a Northern Inuit?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

I guess they just re-register the dog as a different breed?
  4. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    My understanding is that they are pretty much the same -I have a BI that comes training and his pedigree is NI's. (She brought it for me to have a nosey :D)
  5. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    The person who invented the BI can register any dog on their as they see fit.

No better than the NI in its earlier days, though unsure if its better now.
  6. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Oh ok thanks just didn't understand it fully thats all x
  7. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    I dont know, seems they all make up their own rules. Have you found out how Raven became a fully registered NI yet? Stud dog at that :shock:
  8. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    No why would I have to find that out hun?
  9. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz

You dont have to find it out at all Jem, i would have just thought you'd ask questions of the NI lot before moving onto the BI lot when it comes to pedigree's and who's what. :002:
  10. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I asked a question, I wasn't having a go at anyone but as there are some BI people on here i thought it was worth asking.
    I've got my answer so thats it job done as far as im concerned x
  11. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Oh well as there are some NI people on here does anyone know the answer to my question? I'm not having a go at anyone either, just interested.
  12. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    As they are not a recognised breed I guess they can call the dog whatever they like as long as they don't pick a name that is already in use to describe a recognised breed.
  13. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    Jem as the first BI were NI, it is entirely up to the owners which NI group they wish to register their NI with, there must be a reason why the owners do not choose to register their NI with the NIS

Liz that is a very good point, guess he is just accepted as an NI

Pita I think your post has answered Liz's question too.
  14. Jo_W

Jo_W New Member

Name:
    Jo
    I haven't got the memory for all this lol.

Can I just ask, if you don't think Raven is a NI, what do you think he is?

And before anyone says it, yes I know he's a dog :grin: :grin: :grin:
  15. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    A Husky cross.
  16. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    What's he supposidly crossed with?x
  17. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    I have no idea, you said yourself Jem he appeared out of nowhere and has no affix on his sire's side just sire - Storm.
    Who's Storm? Funny thing to put on a stud dog page as all NI are allegedly pure NI to NI for many years. If you know who Storm is and his affix maybe you can enlighten me?
  18. Jo_W

Jo_W New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Oh so you don't actually know then? You've just seen that his sire has no affix and have put 2 and 2 together and come up with 47 then lol!! This is beginning to have a very familiar ring to it :)
  19. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Of course i dont know what he's crossed with, do you?
    Its a harmless question, if you know the answer you could simply post it :roll:
  20. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Dark Raven's pedigree was fabricated - his parents don't exist on any other NI pedigree prior to his appearance.

I was told at the time that I wouldn't know his breeder - as Chair of NIS at the time I should have known!

Thats all I am going to say - maybe you will have more luck trying to get JKs story lol
  21. Jo_W

Jo_W New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Maybe I am just over optimistic but just for once, it would be wonderful for someone to make one of these sweeping claims and actually produce the evidence to back it up!!

Why people think they can make these claims without substantiating them in any way and then think that everyone will just blindly believe them, I do not know.

I've sat reading all these threads for over a year now and not once can I ever remember anyone providing any irrefutable evidence and people say the dogs have problems......
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009